Return to football on the 5th October reported

Until there's a reliable vaccine, there'll never be a safe time to go back to normal. Even if the virus was somehow completely eradicated in the UK due to extended lockdown, it then just takes one infected person coming into the country and it starts to spread and we're back to square one. 

17 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Quite possible that effective treatments will be what keeps us safer especially as these slippery viruses keep mutating to fool our immune systems and vaccines.

Agree, I think treatment will be the most realistic short/medium term goal. 

Suspect a vaccine way off, but if it can be treated successfully, would allow some greater easing of restrictions.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Agree, I think treatment will be the most realistic short/medium term goal. 

Suspect a vaccine way off, but if it can be treated successfully, would allow some greater easing of restrictions.

Agree plus there's a large number of people who have already had virus and fully recovered, I'd say a lot more people than we think with some thinking that they just had a normal cold which goes about during winter. 

We already know some people get it and don't show any symptoms. 

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

We all should know that restrictions should and will be lifted gradually like they're doing in Spain now. 

I thinks it best for scientists and docs to decide rather than the mail, sun, guardian...and owltalkers.

:rolleyes:

Actually I'm wrong about Trump there I think. I think someone asked him on twitter if he was worried about the corona virus and he said that it didn't worry him as he is very very rich and had access to all the best doctors in the world. So, in truth, he acknowledges the importance of experts, albeit, probably only when they are of benefit to him.

lol

On 07/05/2020 at 20:53, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 20.51.45.jpg

The Daily Mail have published what they believe to be the government's plans for end to lockdown.

5th October is the date they claim sports fans could finally return to watch live sports.

I find that fascinating. You read the Daily Mail? 

16 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Don't be silly. The Brexit campaign concluded that we don't need experts. Trump, Farage etc. still believe that I reckon  lol

And still they refuse to accept the overwhelming will of the people...... tragic and pathetic in equal measure!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Some people will never get over it...

VE Day yesterday was to commemorate the fact that people died during the Second World War to ensure that people in our country could hold/express different opinions to others.

Let's not forget that.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

VE Day yesterday was to celebrate the fact that people died during the Second World War to ensure that people in our country could hold/express different opinions to others.

Let's not forget that.

I'll never forget that Neil..

I had relatives who were involved in the conflict...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

And still they refuse to accept the overwhelming will of the people...... tragic and pathetic in equal measure!

So do you think I'm wrong to question the judgement of people that speculate on the possibility of injecting disinfectant or the motives of a man who says we should rebel against "house arrest", as he called the lockdown, while criticising Derbyshire police for putting dye into the blue lagoon to prevent people swimming in it. It suits his purpose to allude to it being a repressive measure to combat the virus. He should have known that the water is almost as alkaline as bleach, or maybe he did, but it suits his agenda not to mention that.

it just makes me wonder that if Farage can use the virus to further his own cause how far he would bend the truth in slightly less serious/dangerous matters. Brexit is the least of our problems now but the people that guided us there are still trying to influence our society to suit themselves in various areas and it suits them to discredit "experts" and conventional wisdom as it makes their views appear more acceptable.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

So do you think I'm wrong to question the judgement of people that speculate on the possibility of injecting disinfectant or the motives of a man who says we should rebel against "house arrest", as he called the lockdown, while criticising Derbyshire police for putting dye into the blue lagoon to prevent people swimming in it. It suits his purpose to allude to it being a repressive measure to combat the virus. He should have known that the water is almost as alkaline as bleach, or maybe he did, but it suits his agenda not to mention that.

it just makes me wonder that if Farage can use the virus to further his own cause how far he would bend the truth in slightly less serious/dangerous matters. Brexit is the least of our problems now but the people that guided us there are still trying to influence our society to suit themselves in various areas and it suits them to discredit "experts" and conventional wisdom as it makes their views appear more acceptable.

Ooooh the absolute irony 

• Haha 1

On 08/05/2020 at 12:49, alanharper said:

Until there's a reliable vaccine, there'll never be a safe time to go back to normal. Even if the virus was somehow completely eradicated in the UK due to extended lockdown, it then just takes one infected person coming into the country and it starts to spread and we're back to square one. 

I hear what you and others are saying , but listening to news and whats coming out of certain leaders gobs you can more or less tell there wont be or unlikely to be a viable vaccine in a reasonable amount of time ,there will almost certainly be better treatments so those what get it will have a higher chance of survival . we im affaid have a choice do we want 10 million out of work , business to fold like a pack of cards ,desperate people unable to afford there mortgage and rent ,as furloughing and handouts will soon be stopping , you can check every stat out 99% plus have sadly passed away who are very old and frail with some others who have health issues . or do we get back to life while protecting the ones what need protecting im for the last part . its very worrying and sadly a lot just don't realise how hard there lives are going to become. the amount of fear in a lot of people is frightening when really there is no need unless you fall into the at risk category. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

VE Day yesterday was to commemorate the fact that people died during the Second World War to ensure that people in our country could hold/express different opinions to others.

Let's not forget that.

its angers me when this covid 19 gets compared to world war 2 by some people/press, how can losing millions of young lives in world war 2  be comparable to this virus what just don't effect young people . all those who lost there lives had all there lives in front of them and took away from them .