Return to football on the 5th October reported

55 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52568698

Today's Government spokes person described media reports on lock down easing as 'not a reliable guide'. 

Guess he shouldn't attack the media though.  

Individuals within the Government will be selectively leaking in a bid to gauge public opinion on certain measures. So no the government shouldn't attack the media on this. They're doing what the Government is lining them up to do. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Individuals within the Government will be selectively leaking in a bid to gauge public opinion on certain measures. So no the government shouldn't attack the media on this. They're doing what the Government is lining them up to do. 

Fair enough. Some will be leaked and some will be pure guess work and some media get different leaks from different sources.

Attack was probably the wrong word and you are right the government will be looking at public reactions to the leaks and the guesswork as well. Some of the stuff will be right and some will be wide of the mark, until anything official comes out I will take this chip paper with a pinch of salt.

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Many of us sit on different sides of the political fence, but I share your fear.

Forget that they are Tory - they are simply inept. I think they will go too soon and too fast, and the UK will end up with higher deaths, more lockdowns, and a more deeply damaged economy than almost every other country in Europe.

Which in turn will mean later football. Though in the scheme of things that’s not important of course.

Absolutely bang on this government is inept, a collection of showmen and chancers  sprinkled with a few pompous bigots and all too few serious politicians. 

Exactly what you don't want in a crisis. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

They are just guessing really aren't they. And building false hope in my opinion.

Lockdown changes monday will be one extra exercise a day wait and see.

That totally favours fit people. What about us fat fućks? They gotta give us summat. Legal brothels? At least let us see hookers. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

That totally favours fit people. What about us fat fućks? They gotta give us summat. Legal brothels? At least let us see hookers. 

Could be something in this, would be a way to get the economy moving and could also be classed as one of your permitted exercises for the day.

Johnson exudes confidence but under the veneer he is a rabbit caught in the headlights. It is a tactical toe dipping exercise to enable him to judge the mood in order to service the next toe dipping exercise. I understand the fear, it is born out of house building when you have no footings in place. 

There's a bit about 'more key workers children' returning on Monday 11th May. Well my school know nothing about that, or any plans of who so that's clearly rubbish. We've had the same small group of children in for weeks being looked after by staff on a rota. We know nothing about any changes.

Newspaper guessing as per usual.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Every single time

lol

Sadly I don't think the more than 100,000 range is speculation if the lockdown is prematurely ended I think it is inevitable.

It is already thought that the current figure of nearly 31k is an underestimation.

The only thing that will stop or more realistically slow down the virus is a lockdown. 

The Daily Mail getting peoples hopes up  to a return to normality this year is in my opinion totally the wrong thing to do 

People will be dying from this virus until there is a vaccine found.

It is just about mitigating and managing the effects and deaths until then.

This could be years.

It will be like many other diseases that we live with.

You'll go about your business and take your chance.

2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Disgusting rags like the Sun and Mail are suffering with very low circulation. Help get rid of them, don't buy the trash and then at least that's one virus we can get rid of!

Both newspapers have by far the highest circulation figures.

Ten times that of the Guardian and Mirror.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

It seems to have been this way since Cameron took over in 2010. Leaks followed by backtracking in the face of public opinion. I think the only things they have stood firm on are Lansley's NHS reforms and austerity. Without those two we probably wouldn't have had so many deaths so far.

The government are not leading on this as they should be doing. However, I fear now that they may be listening to the wrong set of public opinions ie. the bullish and hawkish sections that favour economy over health and this could do even more harm to the economy in the long run.

I suppose at least the Mail have got football where it should be - at the back of the queue - but they are at least 3 to 6 months early IMO. But then I don't have much idea like the rest of us.

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Both newspapers have by far the highest circulation figures.

Ten times that of the Guardian and Mirror.

So there's a lot of folks who probably believe all the gonads they publish. 

They're all at it, doesn't matter if it is true or not, sensational headlines just trying to attract clicks. 

We all should know that restrictions should and will be lifted gradually like they're doing in Spain now. 

• Haha 1