Inter City Owl

Guest Garryswfcowl72

We went on the “ wino express” and carried onto Torquay after the game ... brilliant night ... conga on the promenade...no sleep..absolutely off our heads on snakebite...buzzing after promotion....amazing crazy times...........UP THE OWLS !!!!!!!!

On 14/04/2020 at 11:38, alleycat said:

Yep I was on that one as well. 

At the time the away end was open and if I remember right the police took us round to stand on the home end as it was covered? At the time there was a rumour that the Portsmouth fans were waiting outside for us so hence why they kept us in. The 6.57 crew were still a thing back then.

Don't know if anyone can remember if we did get taken onto their end or if my memories playing tricks?

Others have answered that we did but I remember standing in the rain for quite a while after the game. When they finally moved us to the other end of the ground, we went past the players entrance just as the players were coming out to get on their coach. I don't think I've ever been that wet for that length of time. I' sure I was still wet when we got back to Sheffield.

On 14/04/2020 at 11:49, alleycat said:

The week after Portsmouth away we were away at Brighton.  

I only missed one away game that season (Darlington away in the League Cup).

Without a doubt the best season I’ve had following Wednesday. Some of the away followings were immense. Got some great memories of that season. 

I went to Brighton too but not on the train. Our coach broke down on the way back...somewhere between Brighton and London. Another coach (eventually) picked us up but brought us into the centre of London for transfer to yet another coach. Another late (3am?) return to Sheffield but at least we won that one as well (3-0 I think).

:duntmatter:

11 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Others have answered that we did but I remember standing in the rain for quite a while after the game. When they finally moved us to the other end of the ground, we went past the players entrance just as the players were coming out to get on their coach. I don't think I've ever been that wet for that length of time. I' sure I was still wet when we got back to Sheffield.

I went to Brighton too but not on the train. Our coach broke down on the way back...somewhere between Brighton and London. Another coach (eventually) picked us up but brought us into the centre of London for transfer to yet another coach. Another late (3am?) return to Sheffield but at least we won that one as well (3-0 I think).

:duntmatter:

4-0 to be precise if you're mentioning the Brighton game away Tues Night 1990.:tango:

Just now, roaminowl said:

Nah. Saturday 22nd October 1984 (1 week after the Portsmouth game). Just checked it was 3-1 not 3-0.

Went to the 4-0 drubbing of Brighton.That was an absolutely emphatic display by Big Ron's Army.Went down on ICO Coach 3 arrived back in Sheffield round about 3am.:tango: