Our main Achilles heel is...

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I rate Bannan, but it is really, really annoying when he does this.

Oh do come on!!

He does it to drag the false no 10 who's marking him, out from behind the man in the hole next to the underlapping wingback FFS!

(Honest ive no idea either...it irritates f.ook outta me)

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 2

What perpetually baffles me is the way we always seem to play the ball into trouble. Given two or three options for a pass, we will inevitably play it to whoever is about a yard away from an opposition player. And because we can only receive passes facing the passer, the receiver then turns directly into their marker, losing the ball. Infuriating. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Well its too bloody late now.....I can't believe how I supported you through yer "Starin' at Chutney" phase...and this is the thanks I get...

There's no "phase" to chutney observation.

I'm not a believer in the occult as it goes but your explanation for our malaise is getting on for scientific..

4 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

What perpetually baffles me is the way we always seem to play the ball into trouble. Given two or three options for a pass, we will inevitably play it to whoever is about a yard away from an opposition player. And because we can only receive passes facing the passer, the receiver then turns directly into their marker, losing the ball. Infuriating. 

Carlos had us pinging it with accuracy..

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There's no "phase" to chutney observation.

I'm not a believer in the occult as it goes but your explanation for our malaise is getting on for scientific..

Its not occult...Its Pathos FFS!...If it was  occult i'd be sacrificin' a lamb and doin' the widdershins thingy around an oak tree....ive not done that....

since the Charlton game

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its all a bit of a Greek tragedy at the minute anyhow...

Got The sword of Damoclese the EFL are holding above our heads...

The fans feel like that bloke pushing a boulder up an hill only to watch it roll down again, just before the top...Sisyphus

Who was the one who had an Eagle eat his Liver...Only for it to grow back and the Eagle ate it again?. Prometheus..

We had Hector...That should have been a warning ...

Its all ominous

We even had the 4 pigeons of the apocalypse grazin' on the turf on saturday...Its all portents .

I honestly don't think 2 golden Elephants can cope with the weight of doomladen phrophetic gloomery at the minute....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I rate Bannan, but it is really, really annoying when he does this.

Me too but he can be irritating with his little habits even so. Why on earth managers (plural) don't tell him to stop it I'll never know.

1 minute ago, dr. benway said:

It’s not even about accuracy! We can make the pass, but it’s wasted because we run directly into trouble. It feels more like no one even bothers to look up before passing. 

Pass and move takes quick ball and quick movement... I'm beginning to wonder if the Corona virus started in our dressing room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Pass and move takes quick ball and quick movement... I'm beginning to wonder if the Corona virus started in our dressing room.

It looks like a few crates of Corona might have been polished off in our dressing room prior to kickoff in a few recent games, at least.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We could get Hillsborough shut down until the end of the season. It might work, we should lobby to get all football grounds closed until the emergency is over (Don't ask what emergency, just run with it). Cancel this season completely but allow EFL to dock as many points as they fancy but as the season never ended there would be no promotion or relegation.

Start next season with all the deadwood out of contract, new players, fresh start. Jobs a good 'un.

• Like 1