Hutchinson, Westwood and Voldemort.

1 minute ago, OwlAbroad said:

Not sure why it's automatically assumed that Westwood and Hutch are out to undermine the manager and the team, just because Monk leaves them out.

Maybe they are, but we don't know what's going on and shouldn't so be quick to judge based on little info.

They've both been committed servants of the club and both contributed massively to our success in more recent times.

It may well be that they are very vocal in training / the dressing room and Monk doesn't like that (and I can see that being Jos' issue as well). Doesn't mean they are out to undermine him.

To be fair, I'd rather have their voices in the dressing room than more of Monk's clueless approach and inane post-match musings...doubt that inspires many players.

And what is clear is that there was an upturn in our performances when Westwood and Hutch were reinstated last time and they cover two positions in desperate need of a refresh at the moment.

In the absence of other suitable options to freshen up those positions, they need to be reinstated.

TBH if they were asserting their influence telling the lads that Monk is brilliant and to work to his gameplan, they wouldn't have been dropped, by Monk or previous managers. I think it's more likely the actions of players who have been dropped have undermined the manager. 

Consequently reinstating them sends the wrong message and maintains the culture within the squad which has been at the heart of the problem for the last few years. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

‘Bullen brought them straight back after Jos was sacked? He must know what they are like’.  Absolutely. He knew they would improve the team.  He also knew this would improve his chances of getting the job.

My point is Garry Monk also knows what they are like.  Managers don’t mind players questioning their tactics.  They don’t mind they being outspoken and always want the ‘dressing room to manage itself’. 

I bet 100 percent of managers can deal with this kind of attitude and ego.  As you referenced it, I have no doubt Danny Wilson could deal with egos like Di Canio and Carbone had they stayed within boundaries.

Its only when a line is crossed that players get bombed. 

Do you seriously think Monk is picking Pelupessy ahead of others and some players are having no interaction at all with the first team squad because they questioned a selection or shouted at a fellow player for meshing a tackle? It’s not speculation, it’s glaringly obvious that a line has been crossed. 

oh and for what it’s worth I think Monk is making a dogs dinner of the task at hand ... then again he hasn’t got the experience and track record in the game that Bruce had which is why I speculate that those with alleged egos and attitude daren’t cross the line. 

Different individuals will have different boundaries. Some will have similar ones. Some are savvy enough to nip problems in the bud. That’s the same in any job.

I simply don’t know what’s happened so I won’t slag the individuals off without reservation until I have a good idea of what they’ve done

If Monk is making decisions like playing Forestieri at left wing back, I'm surprised more players aren't questioning his managerial capabilities. 

Perhaps senior players like Hutchinson are the only ones with the balls to ask him what the actual f*ck he's thinking...

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Different individuals will have different boundaries. Some will have similar ones. Some are savvy enough to nip problems in the bud. That’s the same in any job.

I simply don’t know what’s happened so I won’t slag the individuals off without reservation until I have a good idea of what they’ve done

I accept the first part, without question.

with respect to the second, I too haven’t slagged anybody off without reservation (I’ll add in this thread because my patience is wearing this with many aspects of some but not all modern day players) without having a good idea of what theyve done.

Just now, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I accept the first part, without question.

with respect to the second, I too haven’t slagged anybody off without reservation (I’ll add in this thread because my patience is wearing this with many aspects of some but not all modern day players) without having a good idea of what theyve done.

I defer to you if you are genuinely ITK of course. I sadly am not. 

1 minute ago, Minton said:

If Monk is making decisions like playing Forestieri at left wing back, I'm surprised more players aren't questioning his managerial capabilities. 

Perhaps senior players like Hutchinson are the only ones with the balls to ask him what the actual f*ck he's thinking...

monk is just now desperately trying to shuffle the deck chairs ... the dross performances started way before the bizarreness of tonight 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I defer to you if you are genuinely ITK of course. I sadly am not. 

I don’t think I have actually slagged anybody in this thread

let’s just say (even whether ITK or not ITK) it’s clear that (and I accept that every manager sets their tolerance line differently) in this case two players have crossed monks line 

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I don’t think I have actually slagged anybody in this thread

let’s just say (even whether ITK or not ITK) it’s clear that (and I accept that every manager sets their tolerance line differently) in this case two players have crossed monks line 

Maybe he’s a shitliner.