DC - Mr Nice Guy

21 hours ago, Hookowl said:

I would guess it's got a lot to do with P&S rather than just doesn't want to pay compensation, if we're talking large sums.

Agree. The wording I used did imply he was being tight which wasn't really my intention. 

The reason for not wanting to pay compensation could certainly be down to p&s

Edited by poite

I think we all realise now that Mr Chansiri has his heart in the right place and wants more than anything to succeed, but we can all see now he had no football knowledge and was poorly advised from the start.  

On 02/09/2019 at 13:53, poite said:

People actually buying the excuse that he thinks it's unfair to take an in-work manager? 

He just doesn't want to pay compensation.

It's probably both. Thai people have strong cultural principles regarding loyalty and it would cost him pretty big to buy out contracts. You're right he should do it though. Waiting for the season to be ruined while asserting his unwavering support for a failing/not very qualified manager is more likely...again! COME ON DC!!!!!!

19 hours ago, Mus said:

I think we all realise now that Mr Chansiri has his heart in the right place and wants more than anything to succeed, but we can all see now he had no football knowledge and was poorly advised from the start.  

How did we all realise that again?

I think he's quite deliberative. Likes to take his time, not be bound, get it right. 

Unfortunately he doesn't always or even usually get it right even when taking that approach. He's not good at finding sound professional advice and, while well intentioned, possibly not the brightest hamster in the pet shop. 

Unfortunately again, while the deliberative approach is generally a good one (and goodness me we could use more of it in our shoot-from-the-hip culture), sometimes pace is needed. Almost two months and counting: it is glacial, and we are paying for it.