DC - Mr Nice Guy

I have had a season ticket for the past few years.

I was always gonna renew this year, and was full of optimism with Bruce at the helm.

Then we all know what happened.

We have 2 weeks until the next match, and DC must know we are going nowhere with Bullen in charge.

He MUST bring in a manager during the international break, or our season will fade to nothing (as it has for the last 2 seasons).

DC has limited his options, by saying he will not approach a manager who is currently in work.

It didn't stop Newcastle, and I think he needs to stop being Mr Nice Guy.

By changing his approach he may not make many friends within the game, but hopefully can appoint a manager capable of gaining us promotion.

Please DC just do what you have to do, to get a top manager. Start being more ruthless for the good of the club & don't worry about who you upset, as long as you get your man.

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Gentlemanly conduct doesn't get you far.

The good guys always win in the end, seen it on telly loads of times

10 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Exactly survival of the fittest as has been shown by the Bury/Bolton saga recently. Sad but true, nice guys finish last.

Err, the Bury / Bolton guys were bad boys

Edited by sherlyegg
  • Haha 2

People actually buying the excuse that he thinks it's unfair to take an in-work manager? 

He just doesn't want to pay compensation.

Where has this ridiculous idea come from that taking an in-work manager is so wrong anyway?

There's nothing wrong with it if you go about it in a fair and acceptable way. Why is it any different to approaching a club for one of their players? 

The Bruce saga only left a bitter taste because of the way him and Ashley conducted the move. 

If we want to approach Danny Cowley or someone like that there is nothing wrong with us starting a communication with his club and asking if they would allow us to speak with him. 

Edited by poite
  • Like 2

Morals get you nowhere in football. Look how we treated Di Canio who was our star player at the time, we lost any value we had in him straight away. Compare that to Man Utd standing by Ferdinand after missing his drugs test and Liverpool constantly stood by Suarez and ended up selling him for £100m.

47 minutes ago, poite said:

People actually buying the excuse that he thinks it's unfair to take an in-work manager? 

He just doesn't want to pay compensation.

Where has this ridiculous idea come from that taking an in-work manager is so wrong anyway?

There's nothing wrong with it if you go about it in a fair and acceptable way. Why is it any different to approaching a club for one of their players? 

The Bruce saga only left a bitter taste because of the way him and Ashley conducted the move. 

If we want to approach Danny Cowley or someone like that there is nothing wrong with us starting a communication with his club and asking if they would allow us to speak with him. 

I would guess it's got a lot to do with P&S rather than just doesn't want to pay compensation, if we're talking large sums.

Guest Grez Bez
7 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Being a soft touch is something I wouldn't associate with Chansiri tbh.

Same

He strong armed Mike Ashley.

Fired Jos on Xmas Eve.

Lost £2M just to ruin a 17 year olds career 

He's not a nice guy, he's a bit of a bugger!

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Have I missed something?

When did he say that?

Asked the same question yesterday in the Biggsy thread, just on the off chance I had missed this. I think the fact that most fans see DC in a honourable light has caused some to embellish that trait and social media does the rest.

It has to be nonsense or this already farcical situation we’re in becomes a tragedy!! lol