Time to raise the bar

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

During the 'evening with Big Ron' at Hillsborough not so long ago, Ron was talking about his second time with Dalian who was a frustrating talent.
Think Ron told him that with his talent, he should be Engalnd's best and take Alan Shearer's shirt.
Dalian's response was 'Pay me Shearer's wages and I'll be as good as him'.
Cue the laughter and Ron looking stumped!

I might have got that phrased slightly wrong but it's a chicken and egg thing as bigrbuk said above.
The world of football might just operate differently to your regualr job though.

Yeah. Bullshit is bullshit either way.

If we actually go for teams, then I think we will win more than we lose. 

No idea why we've decided to drop the pressing thing and reverted back to keeping it tight for the first 20 minutes. 

Suppose there's an argument for that away from home, but at Hillsborough we've got to be getting on top of teams and making it uncomfortable for them. 

Wilder's comments last weekend after losing to Leicester give an indication of how high the bar should be if we are to succeed. Basically he said that applauding players for giving effort and trying hard doesn't please him if the team does not play well. Effort should be a given and an absolute minimum. Wonder what he'd have said about some of our recent performances? 

On 30/08/2019 at 11:12, Lord Nilsson said:

Bruce demanded more intensity, more pressing, more energy and more aggression. To be fair he got it.

He also said we should be aiming to go up. We should. The squad is easily good enough as proved last season. The pigs went up with a decent squad but 100% focus and effort.

I’m fed up with being out of the top league now. High time we were back. The league this year is open.

The whole club needs to raise the bar as I feel that acceptance of being nearly men is setting back in.

I’m not sure Bullen has the gravitas and tactical guile to push the team to the max. He may be able to but I think considering the above we need to give ourselves a better chance than relying on LB surprising us.

We need to get a bit of a swagger and confidence about us. Look at Leeds for example.

Time to stop being nearly men and make it happen. Need the mindset we had in promotion seasons under Wilkinson & Atkinson.

Today pretty much illustrates what I was saying unfortunately. Performance levels have dropped significantly since last season. Need a proper manager.