Bullen and Solskjaer

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we lose today, the clamour for a proper manager will grow significantly.

It doesn't take much.

You're right. But Rowett could lose his first 2 games and no one would bat an eyelid

Solskjaer will do ok this year ... Much better than Mourinho anyway 

Who did Pep manage before Barcelona?

With the squad we have, current fitness levels and pace in the side we should do well with anyone at the helm for these first 5 games. The test will come when we are faced with tougher opposition. if LB comes through that period with enough points then why not give him a chance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we lose today, the clamour for a proper manager will grow significantly.

It doesn't take much.

BUT, if we win, the pro bullen brigade will want him in the job by Monday lunchtime.

the fact that they want him in NOW! suggests to me that they don't have the confidence in him to stick around for a dozen or so games for better proof.

'win two and you're in' not the best cv I've ever seen, but then we appointed coco, so...

2 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Because he has got a coaching job at one of the top professional clubs.

Is this a joke? Whilst I don't dislike Bullen & wouldn't be unhappy to see him installed permanently, to suggest that he must be good because he works for a league club as a Coach is absolute gonads. There are some genuinely crap Coaches out there, indeed we've had our share over the years. LB was part of the poor runs we had under Carlos & Jos, but by your reckoning, both Carlos & Jos were top notch throughout their tenure because they were employed by a league club. 

6 minutes ago, marble said:

Is this a joke? Whilst I don't dislike Bullen & wouldn't be unhappy to see him installed permanently, to suggest that he must be good because he works for a league club as a Coach is absolute gonads. There are some genuinely crap Coaches out there, indeed we've had our share over the years. LB was part of the poor runs we had under Carlos & Jos, but by your reckoning, both Carlos & Jos were top notch throughout their tenure because they were employed by a league club. 

I last season I was having a drink waiting to go up into the north, stood next to me were 4 old guys in what I guess was their 70's, chewing the fat over what was happening at hillsborough. BOY DID THEY MAKE SENSE.

but I've sat aside younger in the north and on t'kop, and found some were actually daft, it takes all sorts to fill a football ground, as it does owlstalk.

Edited by dorian gray

Chris Hughton got his first job at Newcastle as he started the season as caretaker and started well. Won the league by a country mile.

Our situation has absolutely 0 relevance to Man Utd and Solskjaer, Man Utd have encountered the same problems under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho! I think it runs a lot deeper. 

I think circumstance sees Bullen get the job. He’s done well, fans like him and so do players and there is also no stand our replacement! Until he sits in the seat you can’t judge him fully and right now I feel like we are waiting for him to fail.