Bullen and Solskjaer

Just like Ole, Bullen might force his way into the manager role through good results, club loyalty, and being popular with the players and fans.

Solskjaers results turned completely once he was made permanent manager and all the silenced critics saying he wasn’t ready for the role, were suddenly right all the time.

Do you reckon that it could be the same case with Bully?

I think he has a stronger case, based on the following: He has been with the club for years allready, and knows the players well. And, being tipped for the lower half and relegation battle, he starts with little pressure and almost everything to win.

Guest wilyfox

It's all down to the players. Either they perform and keep Bullen in the job, or blow hot n cold and get him replaced. We know this core group is top 6. They did it twice. We now have added dimensions we didn't have back then, and should be up there again. 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The difference as you’ve pointed out is Bullen has been part of this set up for years, Ole came in out of the dark and although he was an ex player, still had a lot to learn 

the problem being in the 'set up' here for the last 5 years is you're more likely to pick bad habits up rather than good ones. 

1) take half and hour to get to the half way line

2) have just one idea, one set up, when things go wrong, keep flogging the same dead horse.

3) bring players into the club and don't use them.

4) don't buy players needed as cover for certain positions.

5) pick injured players before they're ready, thus injuring them again for longer.

6) freeze in biggest games.

7) drop just about all your best players on a regular basis.

8) go to millwall without any forwards in your side.

9) talk a load of b*llox.

yes, there's a lot to be learnt from that lot, DO NONE OF IT. 

22 minutes ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Just like Ole, Bullen might force his way into the manager role through good results, club loyalty, and being popular with the players and fans.

Solskjaers results turned completely once he was made permanent manager and all the silenced critics saying he wasn’t ready for the role, were suddenly right all the time.

I think he has a stronger case, based on the following: He has been with the club for years allready, and knows the players well. And, being tipped for the lower half and relegation battle, he starts with little pressure and almost everything to win.

one thing dc has to be careful of is clearly assessing that bullen has the skills set and tactical knowhow to turn things in our favour when they are going in the opposite direction.

that being true of all the candidates.

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It seems clear to me that D.C. is considering Lee Bullen if results and performances continue as they are , pretty sure he will be offered the job . Bit of a gamble I’m not convinced he can take us up he needs a good team round him that’s obvious imo .

IF bullen could take us to around a dozen games without defeat, 9 wins and 3 draws, I imagine he'd be expecting he'd be in with a really serious chance.

• Haha 1

Coaching and managing the football affairs of a professional club require different skill sets.

Bullen is clearly very talented as a coach but he is probably untested at recruiting and managing the squad (and the coaching staff, physics, etc.).

By having this period of "caretakership" I suspect that DC is seeing if he can handle the different pressures that overall management gives before offering Bullen the post full time.

Just now, Musn't Grumble said:

Coaching and managing the football affairs of a professional club require different skill sets.

Bullen is clearly very talented as a coach but he is probably untested at recruiting and managing the squad (and the coaching staff, physics, etc.).

By having this period of "caretakership" I suspect that DC is seeing if he can handle the different pressures that overall management gives before offering Bullen the post full time.

how do we draw the conclusion that 'bullen is clearly very talented as a coach'?

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Yes, both have/had  a  very favourable run of fixtures which are very winnable. As we know Ole ended up dipping we will inevitably end up the same as the set up is currently.

I am not going to shoot bullen down for winning games or we stutter a little my main concern has always been when we get the bigger games we will fold BUT this is more likely if Bullens doing all the work himself. I believe if Chansiri is going to drag this out then he needs to bring in 2 or more new staff members to help take the weight off Bullys shoulders and let him concentrate on his new role.

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

The difference as you’ve pointed out is Bullen has been part of this set up for years, Ole came in out of the dark and although he was an ex player, still had a lot to learn 

Ole had been a manager for 8 years including a stint in the PL?

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

IF bullen could take us to around a dozen games without defeat, 9 wins and 3 draws, I imagine he'd be expecting he'd be in with a really serious chance.

Sorry but expecting any Championship team to go 12 games without a loss seems somewhat delusional to me. And much too demanding of Bullen as prerequisite to qualify for the job. 6 wins in a row will do... lol

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we lose today, the clamour for a proper manager will grow significantly.

It doesn't take much.

Aye. One loss and optimism instantly turns to despair for some.

I'm not convinced Bullen should be given the job yet, but he can only convince us of that by having more games as caretaker so I'm happy for us to take our time and see how it goes. I'd still want to give him time to prove himself even if we lose the next two, since four games isn't enough to go on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Aye. One loss and optimism instantly turns to despair for some.

I'm not convinced Bullen should be given the job yet, but he can only convince us of that by having more games as caretaker so I'm happy for us to take our time and see how it goes. I'd still want to give him time to prove himself even if we lose the next two, since four games isn't enough to go on.

Bet DC agrees with you wholeheartedly there.

Not only is he saving money on having Bullen in charge, but also by having an undersized management team as it would make no sense to appoint anyone now for some other manager coming in later and change the whole backroom.

Win/win for good old Dejphon atm.

:Chansiri: