Got me thinking......

On 31/07/2019 at 22:50, Westfield Owl said:

Several key players from 15-17 have since been moved on; Hooper, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Hunt, Lopez, Helan.

Several key players from 15-17 are now in their thirties and not at their peak anymore; Lee, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Hutchinson.

Many sides in this division has gone from strength to strength since that era and we haven’t adapted.

Bit daft to think this squad are capable of top 6.  Sadly, without a decent manager and several significant transfer signings, I think we’ll be nowhere near.

what's nuhiu doing at a side hoping to be in  the top six?

On 31/07/2019 at 22:53, gurujuan said:

Also, once the injuries had cleared up, and some of the more experienced players reinstated, Bruce was able to produce play off form. Now Bruce is a decent manager, but he’s no real tactician, and with the same squad, and no real tactical innovation, he managed to get us firing again. Being able to, and playing your best side, shows that we already have the players here

whose told you 'bruce is no real tactician', remind me how he has won promotions from this division if he is 'no real tactician'?

by 'tactician' do you mean over complex f***ing about like coco did?

bruce knew you had to attack the opposition to win, and keeping a clean sheet is a good starter.

that square passing a ball along the backline won't cut it.

there's only one man who was 'no real tactician' that was mr. one idea himself, mr. no plan B, old coco.

that's why he had so many jobs in such a short time, no second idea when the s*** hit the fan.

he was either up and off, or the arse of his trousers were worn out by his employers.

On 31/07/2019 at 22:39, Plonk said:

Read the article published in one of the posh papers ( can’t remember which one) on tactical periodisation. This is Jose and Carlos philosophy. It only works for two season and leaves players absolutelyfucked. It’s why they both never stay anywhere long. Two great seasons but the aftermath is horrendous and someone else’s promble. 

This is spot on and why injury situation was bad. The best chance of success is in first season after this approach is rumbled and they struggle. Unless they have no use to use different revised approach and few do.

No mention by OP of completely unbalanced squad and certain problem areas never addressed throughout period which also contributed to problems. Also we spent a fortune on players who had little resale value and money could have been used far more wisely.We ended up in exactly the same place we were which can not be described as a success after money spent.

Guest LondonOwl313
21 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

whose told you 'bruce is no real tactician', remind me how he has won promotions from this division if he is 'no real tactician'?

by 'tactician' do you mean over complex f***ing about like coco did?

bruce knew you had to attack the opposition to win, and keeping a clean sheet is a good starter.

that square passing a ball along the backline won't cut it.

there's only one man who was 'no real tactician' that was mr. one idea himself, mr. no plan B, old coco.

that's why he had so many jobs in such a short time, no second idea when the s*** hit the fan.

he was either up and off, or the arse of his trousers were worn out by his employers.

Amazing how we finished 6th and 4th with someone who was so clueless in charge

On 31/07/2019 at 22:50, Westfield Owl said:

Several key players from 15-17 have since been moved on; Hooper, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Hunt, Lopez, Helan.

Several key players from 15-17 are now in their thirties and not at their peak anymore; Lee, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Hutchinson.

Many sides in this division has gone from strength to strength since that era and we haven’t adapted.

Bit daft to think this squad are capable of top 6.  Sadly, without a decent manager and several significant transfer signings, I think we’ll be nowhere near.

Some valid points but Nuhiu was not a key player under CC particularly in his 2nd season. 3 league goals between 15-17

On 02/08/2019 at 09:49, LondonOwl313 said:

Amazing how we finished 6th and 4th with someone who was so clueless in charge

how many wednesday managers before him had the equivalent or more to spend than 'your hero'?, AND THE BEST CHANCE THIS CLUB HAS HAD IN THE LAST 25 YEARS, achieved **** all, and left the trophy cabinet as full as the bank balance.

as to whether he is 'clueless' or not, let neither you nor I decide, but let his 18 employers who are busting a gut to get him back....oh! hold on, he can't get a job, can he? I wonder why? no i'm having a laugh, I know why, he's a BULLSHITTER, and football knows it. 

swansea sussed him in a fraction of the time, they all did, bar a few here who still have his piccy on their bedroom wall, pining for 'their hero', old carlos one idea, mr. smoke n' mirrors himself, 'are you ready now, were going to launch an attack, start the 99 passes, see if we can catch them on the hop'.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

how many wednesday managers before him had the equivalent or more to spend than 'your hero'?, AND THE BEST CHANCE THIS CLUB HAS HAD IN THE LAST 25 YEARS, achieved **** all, and left the trophy cabinet as full as the bank balance.

as to whether he is 'clueless' or not, let neither you nor I decide, but let his 18 employers who are busting a gut to get him back....oh! hold on, he can't get a job, can he? I wonder why? no i'm having a laugh, I know why, he's a BULLSHITTER, and football knows it. 

swansea sussed him in a fraction of the time, they all did, bar a few here who still have his piccy on their bedroom wall, pining for 'their hero', old carlos one idea, mr. smoke n' mirrors himself, 'are you ready now, were going to launch an attack, start the 99 passes, see if we can catch them on the hop'.

This is ridiculous and stupid.. bet you weren’t complaining when we were beating Arsenal 3-0 at home or beating Brighton in the play off semi finals. Did you think his first season was tactically inept? I’m guessing not at the time.

As for the finances, during his spell in charge we weren’t even close to the top spenders.. we were about 8th. So if league position just followed money then we actually overachieved. If you’re saying we underachieved, who exactly should we have finished above? The Burnley team who went on to finish 7th in the PL? The Middlesbrough team with a budget far bigger than ours? The Hull team full of ex PL players? Or the Newcastle and Brighton teams that are comfortably Premier League? In reality we finished as high as we could with the resources we had.. to my mind that’s a success and it baffles me how anyone can think it’s a failure.

Granted, he made a few glaring mistakes, namely refusing to play in a more direct way if Plan A wasn’t working, but that was mainly a result of not signing any players that were direct or with pace. He also bottled the Huddersfield play off. And didn’t have the players doing enough conditioning work which left them susceptible to injury.

He’s currently employed in the Portuguese top flight so not sure what your point is about being unable to get a job. As for his spell at Swansea, they were already dead and buried when he went there, but he turned them around and got some results.. choked at the end and didn’t keep them up but in terms of his average points if it was for a full season he’d have kept them up. They were going down without him anyway.

Its not that he’s ‘my hero’ it’s just that I prefer to deal in facts than with emotional drivel. Simple fact was that those were the best two seasons to support Wednesday in 20 years. Can’t blame the manager if the club sign too many players who he doesn’t want, or if the chairman doesn’t sell some players to reinvest. Bottom line is, the money we’ve invested is required just to make us competitive in this league it doesn’t give us a right to promotion

6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

This is ridiculous and stupid.. bet you weren’t complaining when we were beating Arsenal 3-0 at home or beating Brighton in the play off semi finals. Did you think his first season was tactically inept? I’m guessing not at the time.

As for the finances, during his spell in charge we weren’t even close to the top spenders.. we were about 8th. So if league position just followed money then we actually overachieved. If you’re saying we underachieved, who exactly should we have finished above? The Burnley team who went on to finish 7th in the PL? The Middlesbrough team with a budget far bigger than ours? The Hull team full of ex PL players? Or the Newcastle and Brighton teams that are comfortably Premier League? In reality we finished as high as we could with the resources we had.. to my mind that’s a success and it baffles me how anyone can think it’s a failure.

Granted, he made a few glaring mistakes, namely refusing to play in a more direct way if Plan A wasn’t working, but that was mainly a result of not signing any players that were direct or with pace. He also bottled the Huddersfield play off. And didn’t have the players doing enough conditioning work which left them susceptible to injury.

He’s currently employed in the Portuguese top flight so not sure what your point is about being unable to get a job. As for his spell at Swansea, they were already dead and buried when he went there, but he turned them around and got some results.. choked at the end and didn’t keep them up but in terms of his average points if it was for a full season he’d have kept them up. They were going down without him anyway.

Its not that he’s ‘my hero’ it’s just that I prefer to deal in facts than with emotional drivel. Simple fact was that those were the best two seasons to support Wednesday in 20 years. Can’t blame the manager if the club sign too many players who he doesn’t want, or if the chairman doesn’t sell some players to reinvest. Bottom line is, the money we’ve invested is required just to make us competitive in this league it doesn’t give us a right to promotion

the only thing that's ridiculous is you suggesting 'we beat arsenal' we beat a mixture of arsenal first teamers and reserves, not their full first Xl.

I have posted (many times) and stand by it now, anyone with that clown's employment record shouldn't have been interviewed other than it being slipped in for a laugh, let alone allowed to try and fly the plane without supervision.

HE WAS the biggest spender (to my knowledge) OF ALL wednesday mangers in history, the club IS presently hard up against the P&S wall due to the money spent during your coco's tenure, tell me what honours the club won under him, and i'll have a guess at how much money was left to spend when he ran off, I figure they both be **** all.

the excellent defensive of coco's side was put together under stuart gray, not coco.

a few glaring mistakes?, wildly spending money on players who weren't needed, poor attempts at covering first teamers with like wise, who if not crippled when they arrived, were by the time his understanding of conditioning had worked on them. whilst glaring errors were failed to be covered time after time (with numerous posters on here calling out for a quality c/b, winger, or wingers, and forwards with pace, amongst others).

he 'choked' at swansea you say, he also 'choked' at wembley, v 'uddersfield, and the pigs to mention another 3.

you consider the 2/3 years of failure and the spending up to the hilt as being 'the best seasons to support wednesday in the last 20'? REALLY? 

even jos managed to stop the pigs, they horrifically ragged coco's open arsed side, bruce is a manager, hughton is a manager, I hope we get a manager, coco is a clown.

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

the only thing that's ridiculous is you suggesting 'we beat arsenal' we beat a mixture of arsenal first teamers and reserves, not their full first Xl.

I have posted (many times) and stand by it now, anyone with that clown's employment record shouldn't have been interviewed other than it being slipped in for a laugh, let alone allowed to try and fly the plane without supervision.

HE WAS the biggest spender (to my knowledge) OF ALL wednesday mangers in history, the club IS presently hard up against the P&S wall due to the money spent during your coco's tenure, tell me what honours the club won under him, and i'll have a guess at how much money was left to spend when he ran off, I figure they both be **** all.

the excellent defensive of coco's side was put together under stuart gray, not coco.

a few glaring mistakes?, wildly spending money on players who weren't needed, poor attempts at covering first teamers with like wise, who if not crippled when they arrived, were by the time his understanding of conditioning had worked on them. whilst glaring errors were failed to be covered time after time (with numerous posters on here calling out for a quality c/b, winger, or wingers, and forwards with pace, amongst others).

he 'choked' at swansea you say, he also 'choked' at wembley, v 'uddersfield, and the pigs to mention another 3.

you consider the 2/3 years of failure and the spending up to the hilt as being 'the best seasons to support wednesday in the last 20'? REALLY? 

even jos managed to stop the pigs, they horrifically ragged coco's open arsed side, bruce is a manager, hughton is a manager, I hope we get a manager, coco is a clown.

Cech, Mertesacker, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Giroud... ok not their best 11 but a team full of international players still. I don't care too much what his record was elsewhere, prefer to judge him solely on what he did with us as that's all that's relevant.

Of course he was the biggest spender we've had, but you're missing the point.. it's all relative and nowadays there's a lot of money being spent in football. Even though he/the club spent a lot, it was still only the 8th most in the league so we didn't underachieve. If you want to make the playoffs or higher consistently it's what's required, unless you manage to have a freak season where everything goes right like a Huddersfield or Sheffield United.

Are we even sure he signed all of the players? it looks quite obvious that there were some who he didn't want. Like Buckley, McManaman and Emanuelson who didn't get a look in. Some of these things are the fault of the chairman.. and even then, it's not that we have no money, it's that the rules prevent us from spending it which is a different thing. Chansiri clearly intended to do whatever it takes to get promotion by spending in those early years, then we ran up against the FFP rules when we didn't quite get there.

I honestly couldn't care less about Sheff Utd, just another game to me. Think it's idiotic to suggest that Jos' time here was more of a success than Carlos just because he played 7 at the back and clung on for a couple of 0-0s against them. The 4-2 loss we tried to play our own game, didn't play well and they did, and we lost the game. It happens and we move on. Wouldn't even look back on it as an important game during the Carlos period when there were other much more important ones. And he didn't choke all of the time.. got through the Brighton semi for a start, plus won 6 on the bounce in 2017 to get us to the play offs when the pressure was on.

Christ I hope we get an inept manager who can lead us to 4th and 6th this time around. Name me a better season than 2015/16 and 2016/17 since relegation in 2000. You can't because there isn't one, unless you include 2004/05 and 2011/12 which were at a lower level. It's just about being fair and objective in analysis because it's clear you have a bias

14 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Cech, Mertesacker, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Giroud... ok not their best 11 but a team full of international players still. I don't care too much what his record was elsewhere, prefer to judge him solely on what he did with us as that's all that's relevant.

Of course he was the biggest spender we've had, but you're missing the point.. it's all relative and nowadays there's a lot of money being spent in football. Even though he/the club spent a lot, it was still only the 8th most in the league so we didn't underachieve. If you want to make the playoffs or higher consistently it's what's required, unless you manage to have a freak season where everything goes right like a Huddersfield or Sheffield United.

Are we even sure he signed all of the players? it looks quite obvious that there were some who he didn't want. Like Buckley, McManaman and Emanuelson who didn't get a look in. Some of these things are the fault of the chairman.. and even then, it's not that we have no money, it's that the rules prevent us from spending it which is a different thing. Chansiri clearly intended to do whatever it takes to get promotion by spending in those early years, then we ran up against the FFP rules when we didn't quite get there.

I honestly couldn't care less about Sheff Utd, just another game to me. Think it's idiotic to suggest that Jos' time here was more of a success than Carlos just because he played 7 at the back and clung on for a couple of 0-0s against them. The 4-2 loss we tried to play our own game, didn't play well and they did, and we lost the game. It happens and we move on. Wouldn't even look back on it as an important game during the Carlos period when there were other much more important ones. And he didn't choke all of the time.. got through the Brighton semi for a start, plus won 6 on the bounce in 2017 to get us to the play offs when the pressure was on.

Christ I hope we get an inept manager who can lead us to 4th and 6th this time around. Name me a better season than 2015/16 and 2016/17 since relegation in 2000. You can't because there isn't one, unless you include 2004/05 and 2011/12 which were at a lower level. It's just about being fair and objective in analysis because it's clear you have a bias

Walcott was a sub wasn't he?

that means your named players are 5 starters, and 6 squad players.

yes good 'energetic performance' of the type we were capable of until 'tactical periodisation' fully kicked in, (whose idea was that?).

I cannot, and will not totally blame carlos for the spending, as he shouldn't have had the job in the first place, but likely the depth of 'footballing knowledge' within the club at that time may well have had a certain 'bias' about it.

now it looks like you're willing to say 'only the good signings' were made by coco, and the rest by someone else.

having a good quality defence (let's take the one stuart gray handed over for example) is the start of what is needed to gain promotion, with a 'combative midfield' and an 'aggressive, quick, dangerously prolific attack' is a sure fire way of sticking your nose into the argument, though 'uddersfield may well have bucked that 'trend' on just one occasion.

YOUR i'm not bothered by the sheff u. result, is just that, YOURS, because everyone else WAS.

it isn't silly to say that being overrun by the pigs on home soil doesn't matter, it's utterly stupid.

I didn't say 'jos was more of a success than carlos' you did, I did say EVEN HE managed to blunt the pig attack on more than one occasion.

what good is the brighton result IF you're going to freeze on the day at wembley as your hero did.

what good is 6 on the bounce, if you sh*t yourself in the season's most important game v 'uddersfield.

I don't want us to have another 'inept manager' (but I can see the benchmark you set) as I want us to do better than the last 2 imported clowns we had and win promotion, and not nearly get there only to fall flat on our faces.

if you believe failure two years running is better than two promotions, then again that speaks volumes of your understanding. I do have a 'bias' he wasn't f***ing good enough to head coach sheffield wednesday 'unsupervised' as he was a 'smoke n' mirrors chancer', who failed to fool ALL of the people, ALL of the time.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

Walcott was a sub wasn't he?

that means your named players are 5 starters, and 6 squad players.

yes good 'energetic performance' of the type we were capable of until 'tactical periodisation' fully kicked in, (whose idea was that?).

I cannot, and will not totally blame carlos for the spending, as he shouldn't have had the job in the first place, but likely the depth of 'footballing knowledge' within the club at that time may well have had a certain 'bias' about it.

now it looks like you're willing to say 'only the good signings' were made by coco, and the rest by someone else.

having a good quality defence (let's take the one stuart gray handed over for example) is the start of what is needed to gain promotion, with a 'combative midfield' and an 'aggressive, quick, dangerously prolific attack' is a sure fire way of sticking your nose into the argument, though 'uddersfield may well have bucked that 'trend' on just one occasion.

YOUR i'm not bothered by the sheff u. result, is just that, YOURS, because everyone else WAS.

it isn't silly to say that being overrun by the pigs on home soil doesn't matter, it's utterly stupid.

I didn't say 'jos was more of a success than carlos' you did, I did say EVEN HE managed to blunt the pig attack on more than one occasion.

what good is the brighton result IF you're going to freeze on the day at wembley as your hero did.

what good is 6 on the bounce, if you sh*t yourself in the season's most important game v 'uddersfield.

I don't want us to have another 'inept manager' (but I can see the benchmark you set) as I want us to do better than the last 2 imported clowns we had and win promotion, and not nearly get there only to fall flat on our faces.

if you believe failure two years running is better than two promotions, then again that speaks volumes of your understanding. I do have a 'bias' he wasn't f***ing good enough to head coach sheffield wednesday 'unsupervised' as he was a 'smoke n' mirrors chancer', who failed to fool ALL of the people, ALL of the time.

No I don't think Carlos was responsible for any of the signings, particularly at the start. Doubt he signed Bannan, FF, Wallace etc either. We had the 'committee' remember.. maybe as time went on CC had more input and probably had the final say.

Tbh with the pigs defeat, of course I wanted to win the game. But it's one game of football man... it's really tinpot to obsess over it. It's the sort of thing someone with low emotional intelligence would do. Better off leaving it to the other third of the city to think in such a small minded way.

Well you implied Jos was better than Carlos because he drew twice with them. Being honest, I felt more embarrassed after the two games at Bramall Lane than I did with the game at Hillsborough. We didn't compete at all nor try and attack and it was embarrassing. The 4-2 loss was riddled with basic errors from the players the whole way through, and that's why we lost the game. On another day where the team plays well, we could have had a different result. Playing as Jos did, we could have played those games 100 times and wouldn't have won once, that's the difference. Bad performances happen, and it's a shame that it happened in that game. But we move on from it and don't dwell because what's the point.

I don't really know what you expected.. the Hull game we were the underdogs, they finished above us in the league comfortably and had a better, more physical side. Would have been a bonus if we'd won but not expected. Huddersfield was a disappointment, the first leg was where we bottled it IMO. We played for a 0-0 when we could have taken them on. When we got them to Hillsborough, felt like we were on top initially but in a one off game anything can happen, and it did. We had the better side so should have gone for it over both legs. Not going to defend the tactical mistakes he made. But my points are around his spell in charge on balance, not just singular games.

You must be a very negative person to classify those two years as a failure, can't imagine what you've thought about the other 17 years since we got relegated. You just have an irrational dislike of CC for some reason, it's pathetic. And I'd wager that my understanding of most things is better than someone who struggles with the English language as much as you do from your posts. Making my eyes bleed from reading it man.. IQ of about 50. So will leave it there as it's pointless debating someone not on the same level

20 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

No I don't think Carlos was responsible for any of the signings, particularly at the start. Doubt he signed Bannan, FF, Wallace etc either. We had the 'committee' remember.. maybe as time went on CC had more input and probably had the final say.

Tbh with the pigs defeat, of course I wanted to win the game. But it's one game of football man... it's really tinpot to obsess over it. It's the sort of thing someone with low emotional intelligence would do. Better off leaving it to the other third of the city to think in such a small minded way.

Well you implied Jos was better than Carlos because he drew twice with them. Being honest, I felt more embarrassed after the two games at Bramall Lane than I did with the game at Hillsborough. We didn't compete at all nor try and attack and it was embarrassing. The 4-2 loss was riddled with basic errors from the players the whole way through, and that's why we lost the game. On another day where the team plays well, we could have had a different result. Playing as Jos did, we could have played those games 100 times and wouldn't have won once, that's the difference. Bad performances happen, and it's a shame that it happened in that game. But we move on from it and don't dwell because what's the point.

I don't really know what you expected.. the Hull game we were the underdogs, they finished above us in the league comfortably and had a better, more physical side. Would have been a bonus if we'd won but not expected. Huddersfield was a disappointment, the first leg was where we bottled it IMO. We played for a 0-0 when we could have taken them on. When we got them to Hillsborough, felt like we were on top initially but in a one off game anything can happen, and it did. We had the better side so should have gone for it over both legs. Not going to defend the tactical mistakes he made. But my points are around his spell in charge on balance, not just singular games.

You must be a very negative person to classify those two years as a failure, can't imagine what you've thought about the other 17 years since we got relegated. You just have an irrational dislike of CC for some reason, it's pathetic. And I'd wager that my understanding of most things is better than someone who struggles with the English language as much as you do from your posts. Making my eyes bleed from reading it man.. IQ of about 50. So will leave it there as it's pointless debating someone not on the same level

so just the bad signings were carlos then eh?

so it's 'tinpot' to really want to beat the pigs (you not live in sheffield then?) and those who do are of 'low mentality'? REALLY?, REALLY?

jos achieved two things coco couldn't, a clean sheet, and stopped them winning (twice), ask our real fans how many of them thought the result at the lane was a good one?

'what's the point dwelling' on a heavy city derby defeat on your own soil? I didn't realise it meant so little to so few.

i'll tell you what I expected in the 'ull game, I expected us to turn up like our fans did, I expected those responsible for coaching and tactics to have some idea of what to do next should plan A fail, obviously from you and your hero's point of view that's too much to expect.

'singular games' matter, especially when they are the BIG ONES, you wanted to talk of how great brighton was, yet dismiss his complete failings in big games that mattered.

those two years are 'failings' as we won f*** all, we spent a huge lump of dc's available cash in doing so (though you say not) we now find ourselves up against the P&S wall, and having to sell the ground to compete. the other 17 years we had f*** all to spend, and now thanks to your hero were not far off that point again.

I dislike coco because he was a fraud, he had so many jobs in such a short time and couldn't land one for 3 years. he came in talking b/s, he talked it whilst at s6, and he talked it after leaving. he had just one idea, and one idea only, when the support could see the failings, he could either not see them, or refused to accept them, because he was 'deluded'.

because I have thrown up a decent argument on a number of issues pointing out 'your hero' as a clown, and you appearing to know little of sheffield football to think homefield derby defeats don't matter you turn to 'personal insults', and want to stop the exchange with a final posting from yourself. 

On 31/07/2019 at 23:38, The Horse said:

We should've been home and hosed after the 1st leg away at Hudds.

They had something like a 12 year old playing in goal, think they had other injuries and their morale was low.

We should've been all over them like sharks at a feeding frenzy and got the job done.

But noooooooo, we play for the draw.

Still flabbergasted thinking about it now.

Just reminded me or such a horrid time in our recent year - for me the 0-0 draw at Huddersfield, ok wasn't a great spectacle but we'd done half the job. Kept them out and brought them back to Hillsborough where we should have gone fo the jugular and quite rightly so absolutely blitzed them away. After Fletchers goal, i thought to myself, this is it, get another and Hudds are done. If not then there is every chance of a sucker punch - which happened. Once we went 1-0 up though we seemed to become more defensive. Like Carlos shat his pants and set us up to see the game out .. beggers belief it really does ..

On 02/08/2019 at 00:21, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I think it’s easy with hindsight to slate Carlos for the Huddersfield games, but he just set up the way he had done for the majority of his time here. 

He never set us up to go at teams. He was all about control. When we had the ball we built from the back and kept possession - when we didn’t, we were compact and disciplined. We then often threw caution to the wind in the last 3rd or so of games.

That was his way and it won us a lot of points over 2 season. I don’t agree with the idea that we changed and became more negative in the 2nd season. It was simply more difficult after teams had figured us out. 

My issues with Carlos were,

1. He wouldn’t/couldn’t adapt once we’d been sussed.

2. He refused to accept we needed pace and power.

He probably should have been sacked after Huddersfield. The squad was in desperate need of a refresh at that point. 

Absolutely agree with your points about CC - no plan B and refusal to accept pace and power - his comment about wanting dancers and not bouncers just shocked me as i'm all for a couple of bruisers on the park in teams.

Do disagree with the bit in bold though - i think he changed how we set up massively in the 2nd season - coupled with other teams setting up their stall against us better. That 2nd season for me, we scraped in on the back of other teams bombing and us holding out on results. There were games we should have lost but ended up winning, Rotherham, Bristol, Forest etc. He changed us to grind out results instead of blowing teams away like we did last season. Grind out results to get in to the play offs. Yes it worked but helped by others. then season after. wow.. went even worse