The scapegoats did well tonight

I’ve been critical of Joey and definitely Fox but credit where it’s due they both played well last night especially Joey BUT one game doesn’t go anywhere near to papering over the serious gaps in their skill sets (lack of pace, terrible positional sense and attacking instincts for both).

So well done to both but I would not expect them to be in the squad next year.

17 hours ago, shandypants said:

Morgan Fox and Joey Pelupessy both played well. It’s a shame that they get such abuse at times. 

Thought fox did ok but nobody can tell me pelupessy is a championship footballer , limited ability on the ball, always looks to play a short ball sideways or backwards , he never drives forward with the ball and lacks pace.

I honestly think we could have plucked a midfielder out of the national League and he'd have been better than Joey.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2019 at 21:55, shandypants said:

Morgan Fox and Joey Pelupessy both played well. It’s a shame that they get such abuse at times. 

Is a scapegoat someone who has talent but has been unfortunate to miss games through injury or someone who clearly doesn’t have the ability to deliver consistently an high enough a level of performance to achieve at the level he is playing in. 

Just a thought. 

On 09/04/2019 at 22:02, Wednesday_Jack said:

Fox was steady...nothing special just steady.

I thought pelupessy was the worst player in blue and white!! His positional sense is poor and he always seems to be clawing at players to keep up he’s that far off the pace at times. 

For me, Fox has always been steady. He can tackle and can cross the ball. He's not Nigel Worthington, but he gives his all and I dislike the insults he receives. 

I'd prefer Lazaar there for 40+ games next season because that's progression from "steady" to excellent.