Bruce Bulletpoints

15 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Maybe there is leeway in the summer once the OoC players leave?

Maybe, should we sell players, Bruce will be given a percentage of whatever those fees may be?

Maybe the EFL are reviewing the current S&P spending caps?

Maybe Mr Chansiri's comment hasn't translated correctly given English is his second language?

I suspect the club will be working hard to find a way forward so Bruce can re-jig the playing squad and that process will evolve between now and the summer window.

We've Strengthen key areas where we where weak with loan signings this season and see where we are at the end of it and if we get a good run together and players back to their best, sell a few assets in the summer and re bolster the squad with out of contract players and loans for next season, it makes sense. The likes of Huddersfield brought in very good loans to get them up, Cardiff didn't spend a fortune, so it can be done. As much as I've never really been a big fan of Bruce I think he's smart enough to do this. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 15:34, Mystic Neg said:

I completely trust Bruce, we've had the charlatans, the inept, the blinkered but this guy is as honest as they come with a record that speaks for itself. It won't be this year, may not be next year but if we do the right things and stay patient he can get us up and keep us up. 

to be fair his track record in keeping teams up is not great (and it probably gets harder every year to achieve this) but I agree that he's leagues apart from the recent incumbents. 

Just think back to Wembley - although Hull had kept most of their Prem squad together and probably had the better team on paper, I bet that if the 2 managers were in the opposite dug outs then we'd have won that day   

On 31/01/2019 at 15:21, domSWFC said:

I think Bruce didn't understand the no budget thing. He made it sound like he doesn't have a set budget, only a blank cheque book. But in actual fact, it means he's got nothing at all. 

You’re  the one that didn’t understand it. The point being made by DC and SB was, we have money but can’t spend it. 

Guest domSWFC
10 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

You’re  the one that didn’t understand it. The point being made by DC and SB was, we have money but can’t spend it. 

Then why did we?