Bruce Bulletpoints

3 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Regards the budget.

Bruce said he’s not been given one, assume he means no figure or could mean the figure is nil.

However DC said the budget is what ever Bruce wants to spend.

2 very contradictory statements

Then it was explained that DC is willing to spend the max allowed under FFP, which they both agreed was complicated.

Maybe there is leeway in the summer once the OoC players leave?

Maybe, should we sell players, Bruce will be given a percentage of whatever those fees may be?

Maybe the EFL are reviewing the current S&P spending caps?

Maybe Mr Chansiri's comment hasn't translated correctly given English is his second language?

I suspect the club will be working hard to find a way forward so Bruce can re-jig the playing squad and that process will evolve between now and the summer window.

I 'get it' that the hacks will have been wanting to hold some questions back for Bruce for when they get him one-on-one so they can claim some sort of 'Exclusive' answers that none of the others have

But...

I thought it was a bit disrespectful to almost completely ignore the man to fire questions at the Chairman about subjects other than the thing everyone was there to talk about.

• Like 1

The Chairman comes in beaming with his new manager.

He's bound to expect some questions. 

Did you think you'd be able to bring him in?

How hard was it to get him? 

Did you get any advice about which manager to go after?

Was he your number one target?

Have you discussed a long term strategy?

What does he get?

'Is the club for sale'

Edited by Lord Snooty

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Will the manager have the say on signings and exits?

What does he get?

'Is the club for sale'

That is what happens when our local journos are complete planks 

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I 'get it' that the hacks will have been wanting to hold some questions back for Bruce for when they get him one-on-one so they can claim some sort of 'Exclusive' answers that none of the others have

But...

I thought it was a bit disrespectful to almost completely ignore the man to fire questions at the Chairman about subjects other than the thing everyone was there to talk about.

This is the point isn't it.

There is a tonne of standard questions that could have been asked - and are asked at every new manager press conference - yet the media idiots of Sheffield bark on to the Chairman about whether the club is for sale.

By all means save your "exclusive" questions for later, but don't use the platform of the conference from something completely different to its purpose.

Despite the journo's amateurish questions, SB knows the crack. He'll fully understand what it means on March 4th, for example. He's done Villa Brum, Newc Sunderland etc.

He won't put up with half arsed excuses about injuries either. Players better get their electric gates fixed or this fella will be over them.

Underlying message was; let's get on with it, see where it takes us. DC always sits there looking like an old sage, suspicious of everybody on the other side of the table!

I still think that DC still expects a big push for the play-offs. Hold tight. 

6 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

This is the point isn't it.

There is a tonne of standard questions that could have been asked - and are asked at every new manager press conference - yet the media idiots of Sheffield bark on to the Chairman about whether the club is for sale.

By all means save your "exclusive" questions for later, but don't use the platform of the conference from something completely different to its purpose.

press-the-star-sheffield1468249551.gif

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

What does he get?

'Is the club for sale'

That question told me all you need to know about the arsehole that asked the question.

On a day to ask what's in store chose to ask a question to flatten press conference. The Chairman did his best with limited knowledge of English to say it was an off the cuff remark to say he would sell if not wanted. I am sure the journalist have never made an off the cuff remark. Who asked the question was it Giddings?

1 minute ago, Quist said:

That question told me all you need to know about the arsehole that asked the question.

On a day to ask what's in store chose to ask a question to flatten press conference. The Chairman did his best with limited knowledge of English to say it was an off the cuff remark to say he would sell if not wanted. I am sure the journalist have never made an off the cuff remark. Who asked the question was it Giddings?

DC shoulda done a JL and told him to go feck himsen lol 

• Like 1

Embarrassed themselves there these so called 'journalists'.

Had an opportunity to put together a decent human interest story here with a charismatic individual on the other side of the table but failed completely to grasp the mood music and run with it.

Never done any investigation and asked a serious question in their lives.

Blagging a living by passing on gossip or making s.hit up.

Thought the budget question was basically Chansiri has money, FFP means they are restricted in what they can spend so Bruce essentially has been told there is no set budget, tell me what you need and I will tell you if you can have it.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

He can't wait to get cracking on with the job

51308522_2001862123185085_6462150588892184576_n.jpg

Just feels good. The right club, the right manager. Just hope he gets that little bit of luck every manager needs.

Edited by Morepork

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Local press hijacking the Bruce press conference to throw questions to the chairman.  Never miss a chance. 

There's a time and a place and his reveal conference isn't it .IMO. 

Still, Im pretty sure it will prove useful to Bruce as an opportunity to see who is who. Who wants to write about football and who is there just to get some sensationalist negative headlines and click bait.

He will have been weighing up quickly which ones are bellends.

From the brief football talk they allowed the man on his unveiling....

• We understand FFP we're not the only ones. Theres lots of clubs. 10, 11, 12. We have to get on with it. There will be more come the end of the season.

• Expectation - This club hasn't been in the Premier League for a long time and I think it should be up there. There are so many clubs in the Championship who should be. But without the parachute payments it's very hard for them.

•  Budget - The Chairman told me there was no budget from day one. I understand that. It wouldn't put me off. I'll need my experience. But I knew and I'm fine with that. The chairman will support me.

• Players - Slate it rubbed clean. They have been here (his assistants) but I'll assess squad over the next few months. 

Completely agree about the inappropriate questioning of DCs commitment to stay at the club. I thought it was pretty embarrassing and out of order. I guess SB has seen and heard it all in his time in the game, but I’d much prefer him to face more respectful questions from our local press.

3 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Completely agree about the inappropriate questioning of DCs commitment to stay at the club. I thought it was pretty embarrassing and out of order. I guess SB has seen and heard it all in his time in the game, but I’d much prefer him to face more respectful questions from our local press.

I;ve had an idea, instead of when players or staff hjoin the club they sing in front of everyone as an initiation, new initiation will be you punch Giddings in the face, or any other local "journo" who asks dumb irrelevant sh*t. 

• Haha 1