Bruce Bulletpoints

Local press hijacking the Bruce press conference to throw questions to the chairman.  Never miss a chance. 

There's a time and a place and his reveal conference isn't it .IMO. 

Still, Im pretty sure it will prove useful to Bruce as an opportunity to see who is who. Who wants to write about football and who is there just to get some sensationalist negative headlines and click bait.

He will have been weighing up quickly which ones are bellends.

From the brief football talk they allowed the man on his unveiling....

• We understand FFP we're not the only ones. Theres lots of clubs. 10, 11, 12. We have to get on with it. There will be more come the end of the season.

• Expectation - This club hasn't been in the Premier League for a long time and I think it should be up there. There are so many clubs in the Championship who should be. But without the parachute payments it's very hard for them.

•  Budget - The Chairman told me there was no budget from day one. I understand that. It wouldn't put me off. I'll need my experience. But I knew and I'm fine with that. The chairman will support me.

• Players - Slate it rubbed clean. They have been here (his assistants) but I'll assess squad over the next few months. 
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Delighted - To get started.  Big club. Big fan base. 

• Murphy and Gullit- Modern Britain people talk without all the facts. You just learn to get on with it.

• Support - I was amazed with Wednesdays support. I'll never forget that play off final. I want to make them happy again.

• Sheffield United - It was a long long time ago. Early in my career.  

• I didn't think twice - When I spoke to the chairman he's so positive and wants to do well.  It got my adrenaline going. 

• Under performing - There's some good players under performing. We need to turn that around. There's one or two with big injuries. Well have to look at that.

• Results People want instant success but it's a long road.  That said the Championship is a league where you can put a run together. Look at Fulham last year. Or Hull this year. 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest domSWFC

I think Bruce didn't understand the no budget thing. He made it sound like he doesn't have a set budget, only a blank cheque book. But in actual fact, it means he's got nothing at all. 

12 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

More like reporters killing an eagerly awaited event stone dead

They did their very best to derail the entire thing.

As I said though, hopefully it will have given him some insight in to what  sort of picture Wednesday get painted in. 

I completely trust Bruce, we've had the charlatans, the inept, the blinkered but this guy is as honest as they come with a record that speaks for itself. It won't be this year, may not be next year but if we do the right things and stay patient he can get us up and keep us up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I think Bruce didn't understand the no budget thing. He made it sound like he doesn't have a set budget, only a blank cheque book. But in actual fact, it means he's got nothing at all. 

Tbh I didn’t understand it either. Early on DC suggests we can spend then SB says no budget. Perhaps it’s a case of seeing what we can do as things develop? 

Regards the budget.

Bruce said he’s not been given one, assume he means no figure or could mean the figure is nil.

However DC said the budget is what ever Bruce wants to spend.

2 very contradictory statements

Then it was explained that DC is willing to spend the max allowed under FFP, which they both agreed was complicated.

Guest domSWFC
5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Tbh I didn’t understand it either. Early on DC suggests we can spend then SB says no budget. Perhaps it’s a case of seeing what we can do as things develop? 

Was interesting regarding Villa too. They are in the same situation but still splashing out high wages on impressive loan signings? 

Can they just go it, and if they don't gain promotion sell Grealish? Or have they gotten around it another way?

1 minute ago, sheffsteel said:

Regards the budget.

Bruce said he’s not been given one, assume he means no figure or could mean the figure is nil.

However DC said the budget is what ever Bruce wants to spend.

2 very contradictory statements

Then it was explained that DC is willing to spend the max allowed under FFP, which they both agreed was complicated.

If you're so good with figures...can you tell me how long is it until your teams centenary without winning a major trophy...clocks ticking lol