Gary Hooper - why ???

Another player who manages to get an injury but can still walk off the pitch and has now been out for a year ??? Winnall got injured after Hooper with a bad knee ligament injury ( that ended careers 20 years ago ) and is now playing again. We really do have a far too many injury prone players. Does anyone know, what his original injury was, whats happened since, why its taken so long and why the guy who said 6 weeks when he first got injured got it so badly wrong ?? Am I the only person who is now genuinely beginning to think certain players are taking the wee wee out of us ?? 

Unfortunately Wednesday play professional football and not walking football 

As for your other questions I’m afraid I don’t know but what I can confirm is every players genetic make up is different and therefore players take different times to recover from injuries and be more susceptible to breakdowns on their returns 

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe age?

Hooper is 30 and 31 at the end of month. A man is at his peak at 28 years. Then its downhill from there. I know over the years his body has had to cope with the stress of a pro football career. I dont think he had a huge limp when he last played or was stretchered off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Unfortunately Wednesday play professional football and not walking football 

As for your other questions I’m afraid I don’t know but what I can confirm is every players genetic make up is different and therefore players take different times to recover from injuries and be more susceptible to breakdowns on their returns 

some may argue against your first point. the difference between the severity of a 6 week off injury to a years lay off is down to more than genetics. I cant ever remember swfc having so many players that get injured and take such long time to recover supposedly.

Didn’t he reinjure himself in a u23 game and it was a completely different injury his hip or something like that? Most of the fans love hooper but it’s always in the back of our mind of when will he be out again? He usually goes on a good run then injured every time

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

some may argue against your first point. the difference between the severity of a 6 week off injury to a years lay off is down to more than genetics. I cant ever remember swfc having so many players that get injured and take such long time to recover supposedly.

Oh OK, in that case you must be right. All taking the pi55 out of us 

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

Can anyone tell me when his present contract expires ??

Summer 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Oh OK, in that case you must be right. All taking the pi55 out of us 

Summer 

I dont know whats really the situation. I dont think they all taking the wee wee out of us ?? May be the abdi situation is compounding feelings about the injuries recently. If Hooper is out of contract at the end of season he probably knows the chances of getting a extension are slim. His incentive may well be only to get himself in the shop window for other clubs to sign him.

10 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Didn’t he reinjure himself in a u23 game and it was a completely different injury his hip or something like that? Most of the fans love hooper but it’s always in the back of our mind of when will he be out again? He usually goes on a good run then injured every time

Did he actually get any minutes in the u23 game. I think it was around the same time Kieren Lee tried coming back but picked a knee injury up. I have read about Keiren Lee but Hooper info seems more sparse

Just now, stocksyuto said:

Yea I believe he played 20 minutes give or take and went off injured he had surgery back in November can’t remember what that was for

Thanks, that means KL, GH and SW all after long term injuries got another injury on a different part of body in there comeback sessions. Are we the unluckiest team in the world ?? 

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thanks, that means KL, GH and SW all after long term injuries got another injury on a different part of body in there comeback sessions. Are we the unluckiest team in the world ?? 

Yea them 3 did have set backs that’s why it was so frustrating, I didn’t expect winnall back so quickly tbh he’s done well but age is on his side 

personally i I think lee and hooper are done here unless they can stay fit, contracts up this year I believe won’t get renewed if they can’t hack more than 10 or so games before injury hope I’m wrong though

Edited by stocksyuto

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

Yea them 3 did have set backs that’s why it was so frustrating, I didn’t expect winnall back so quickly tbh he’s done well but age is on his side 

The recent medical improvements in knee ligament injuries has taken massive amounts of time off the rehab from sams type of injury. These hip injuries seem to be cropping up a lot recently. Andy Murrays career is now been stalled for over a year from his hip