Gary Hooper - why ???

6 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Yea them 3 did have set backs that’s why it was so frustrating, I didn’t expect winnall back so quickly tbh he’s done well but age is on his side 

personally i I think lee and hooper are done here unless they can stay fit, contracts up this year I believe won’t get renewed if they can’t hack more than 10 or so games before injury hope I’m wrong though

Unfortunately I think you are right too mate

2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thanks, that means KL, GH and SW all after long term injuries got another injury on a different part of body in there comeback sessions. Are we the unluckiest team in the world ?? 

It’s quite common for players to pick up new injuries when they have been out for a long time, completely unrelated to the original injury

4 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Another player who manages to get an injury but can still walk off the pitch and has now been out for a year ??? Winnall got injured after Hooper with a bad knee ligament injury ( that ended careers 20 years ago ) and is now playing again. We really do have a far too many injury prone players. Does anyone know, what his original injury was, whats happened since, why its taken so long and why the guy who said 6 weeks when he first got injured got it so badly wrong ?? Am I the only person who is now genuinely beginning to think certain players are taking the wee wee out of us ?? 

I had an ACL Teflon replacement in 1985 at the age of 35 and played until I was 49...now it's keyhole surgery and players almost always get to play again.

Edited by daveyboy66

2 hours ago, jamese said:

It’s quite common for players to pick up new injuries when they have been out for a long time, completely unrelated to the original injury

it's quite common, but completely unrelated. Are you sure that's what you mean?!

The Hooper situation is the perfect example of how the club fails in communication.

IF.. the club provided updates on his injury maybe once a month, fans would be more informed and find less need to create rumour or get frustrated .

Its not reinventing the wheel, it’s a basic PR exercise that a club our size should be able to do with its eyes shut.

Would someone please give me an afternoon in our PR dept lol! 

I remember having quite vociferous discussions with people on here regarding Hooper... they disagreed with me when I said that he would never be a 20-goal a season, not through lack of ability, but because he just isn't fit enough to play the necessary number of games to reach that figure. 

There's no real mystery here... player in his late 20s/early 30s that hasn't started more than 25 games in a year since he was in Scotland in his early-mid 20's and isn't naturally the most fit of individuals (the extra timber he always seemed to carry after a protracted period out/at the beginning of pre-season... ironically, last pre-season was the fittest he'd ever looked after such a break...). Add on a dash of bad luck and we are where we are.

11 minutes ago, MrSoul said:

The Hooper situation is the perfect example of how the club fails in communication.

IF.. the club provided updates on his injury maybe once a month, fans would be more informed and find less need to create rumour or get frustrated .

Its not reinventing the wheel, it’s a basic PR exercise that a club our size should be able to do with its eyes shut.

Would someone please give me an afternoon in our PR dept lol! 

I know right, we got told hooper had a set back after him cameo for the u23 just happens to be quite a big set back and out for a few more months

If hoopers contract is up end of this season then all the players we signed during that year will not affect FFP anymore it’s only during the length of their initial contract that it affects, so if we don’t resign a couple players we will be fine for the next seasons accounts

The only players that transfer fees will affect ffp will affect are Rhodes,abdi,pessy,reach , winnall

32 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I know right, we got told hooper had a set back after him cameo for the u23 just happens to be quite a big set back and out for a few more months

If hoopers contract is up end of this season then all the players we signed during that year will not affect FFP anymore it’s only during the length of their initial contract that it affects, so if we don’t resign a couple players we will be fine for the next seasons accounts

The only players that transfer fees will affect ffp will affect are Rhodes,abdi,pessy,reach , winnall

Not so sure youre reply entirely  relates to my point however if the club did become pro active at communicating with the fan base ( we can dream) some of the issues you raise here should be high on the clarification list 

31 minutes ago, MrSoul said:

Not so sure youre reply entirely  relates to my point however if the club did become pro active at communicating with the fan base ( we can dream) some of the issues you raise here should be high on the clarification list 

Yea sorry Not entirely I do that a lot lol

11 hours ago, hawksmore said:

it's quite common, but completely unrelated. Are you sure that's what you mean?!

It’s quite common when players come back that they pick up injuries that are completely unrelated to their original injury. 

17 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Another player who manages to get an injury but can still walk off the pitch and has now been out for a year ??? Winnall got injured after Hooper with a bad knee ligament injury ( that ended careers 20 years ago ) and is now playing again. We really do have a far too many injury prone players. Does anyone know, what his original injury was, whats happened since, why its taken so long and why the guy who said 6 weeks when he first got injured got it so badly wrong ?? Am I the only person who is now genuinely beginning to think certain players are taking the wee wee out of us ?? 

Same as Lee, Carvahal rushed them both back when obviously they were not fit enough.