Are you always on the same side?

During this latest debacle, we have blamed Chansiri, Carlos, Jos, the Referees, the press and almost surely the chap who cuts te grass. Nowhere has there been condemnation of the people who really matter - the ones on the pitch.. 

During our journey to the play-offs and Wembley, unlike many others, I considered that our players were OVER performing, and were in a false position. Similarly in Carlos's second season and our debacle in the Huddersfield game. To set up for a draw away, then use Home advantage, was not unusual. We simply didn't take our advantage. As for a centre forward refusing to take a penalty during a shoot-out the least said the better.

Jos came in at a critical time, and the players did him proud. Likewise the start of the season. But now - ?

Can we put our hands on our hearts and say that every man jack has given his all? Yes, they have not been picked as a cohesive unit consistently, but as professional players they should be able to adapt. Jos is, IMO, still trying to work outnot just his best team, but his 'spares' as well.

Having worked in Management, I know a lot of crap is spoken about man-management, but the main feature is to keep the men happy in their work, and how you do that is the subject of millions of books, theories and whatever. It still boils down to what the chap wants to do. No amount of micro management will alter this.. It may be something as silly as his wife having her periods, or not. Unfortunately, success breeds success, and so, failure. A couple of lost matches not only knocks the stuffing out of the supporters, it affects players as well.  

I always wants best for Wednesday. I do not consider myself part of any sect. 

I thought sacking of Megson was wrong but in hindsight was correct decision I did not realise the issues that had been created during his reign.

Was happy to back of Jones. Its clear he was top level man and required a good coach to work with him. Gray and Burton proved he needed help to do a job and coach had to be given free rein to coach players.

I did not want Gray sacked had done incredibly well with very poor resources only way we could get points was pack defence.

I never liked CC from moment his name was announced it was clear strategy was floored from day one. 

Was not happy when Jos name mentioned it was clear CV again was pretty shallow but supported him in he tried to move club in right direction but he was given a poisoned chalice no money and aging injury prone squad who were thoroughly exposed at this level.

Think Chansiri is decent bloke but unfortunately got hooked up with wrong advisors and investment has been wasted. 

Now changing manager is meaningless unless we actually het candidates in front of Jos who can make a difference in current climate. This will be young ambitous manager who embraces new ideas, would not mind elder states man helping him in job. I think the has beens who have been suggested would be wrong way to go with current squad they will all struggle. 

Think Cowley brothers are probably best from lower divison's.Some good young German coaches who replaced the likes of Jos but not sure we could attract one. Would also consider us raiding management teams of Manchester City , Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham for a member of coaching teams  to come in and I would have an older person appointed as DoF for example Brain Laws, Terry Burton, Stuart Gray who could help them settle in and provide support.

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Lots of people make excuses for Jos and he’s been dealt a tough hand but:  

- does anyone think he’s actually making us the sum of our parts or more? Surely not he’s making us less

- would anyone actually trust him with the kinds of money CC was given in his first two years? 

- do we think our squad is as bad as the one Cardiff had when Warnock took them over on the verge of relegation, so we don’t think any manager could do better?

That seems quite simple to me. 

Fair point, think he has tried his best but when read article saying had settled for retirement it all fell into place. He was clearly out of touch with current football and was unable to bring in players from German league as Wagner had done. Think league is beyond his skills.