Credit where its due

Guest Hillsborough Mole

4 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The run of results since that awful Brentford game has been excellent, despite the actual performances being quite awful. Its a great feeling to play like we have and still be sat in the play offs. Its not really a great division this year and that must give us hope.

Been watching different matches to me. Half the league would kill to be playing the way Reach, Fletcher, Bannan and Penney have been

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Not quite. The first 35 mins was abysmal.

Bit pedantic. Although to be fair I might have missed the last 10 mins of the first half having dropped off

17 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The first half yesterday was abysmal

It wasn't pretty watching but we were looking to nullify them. However some of the younger players were too nervous and we nearly gifted a goal.

How we then counter attacked from 35th minute was pleasing to the eye.

So I'll take  the positive view on the game

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So I'll take  the positive view on the game

Which is exactly what Ive done too. Hence the OP

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Bit pedantic. Although to be fair I might have missed the last 10 mins of the first half having dropped off

Yep, sorry, it is a bit pedantic - but made the point because I thought it was notable how we turned it round in running, w/o a substitution (at that time) or the need for half time plate throwing. An encouraging development

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

But in your OP you said our performances have been awful which I disagree about.

Taken as a whole - they have been. We've had a few good halfs though.

We were awful at Reading and were fortunate to win, dreadful 2nd half v Leeds, awful for the full 90 v Forest, threw the game away v WBA, abysmal first half v Bristol, very poor v Stoke in first half...

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Taken as a whole - they have been. We've had a few good halfs though.

We were awful at Reading and were fortunate to win, dreadful 2nd half v Leeds, awful for the full 90 v Forest, threw the game away v WBA, abysmal first half v Bristol, very poor v Stoke in first half...

I reckon we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

The team look awful yesterday, until Fessi came on and gave the team a bit of structure.

We made Bristol City at times look like West Brom and they are leagues apart in ability.

Had we lined up the same way as we did in midweek with Pelupessy dropping out for the returning Bannan we would have been out of site by half time, instead we allowed the back into it and a bit of luck their way with a miss from 6 yards and it would have been another 2 points dropped.

A lot of work is needed over the international break on basic defending with 6 defenders and a keeper on the pitch for 60 minutes yesterday we luck more shaky than we did against West Brom.

I am happy to be in the top 6, I do also believe we ar in a poor league this season and need to improve our consistency quick and also tighten up at the back. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

But in your OP you said our performances have been awful which I disagree about.

Why have you taken just one very small part of the OP to complain about. I also said

Jos without a shadow of doubt won us the points yesterday with his tactics and team selection.

but after that awful first half we kicked on

Joao did exactly what was necessary in the second.

The run of results since that awful Brentford game has been excellent.

Its a great feeling to play like we have and still be sat in the play offs.

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Why have you taken just one very small part of the OP to complain about. I also said

Jos without a shadow of doubt won us the points yesterday with his tactics and team selection.

but after that awful first half we kicked on

Joao did exactly what was necessary in the second.

The run of results since that awful Brentford game has been excellent.

Its a great feeling to play like we have and still be sat in the play offs.

I'm not complaining but merely disagreeing with your point

That's all

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

if it weren't for a gaggle of experienced players backing off for half the length of a football pitch instead of making a challenge, we'd probably have hung on for all three points. It's hard to legislate for defending like that.

Its funny at 2-1 yesterday City broke from defence and the first thing Joao did was bring the man down. Exactly what was needed.