Total disgrace

21 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

People are more obsessed with other people rather than themselves!!

theres some right police men n women amongst our lot!!

Its more about adding some balance to the unreasonable knee jerk reaction posts that dominated this site after the first three games. 

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Still not sure if serious

Last post was serious.

He walks in to a club in free fall with 10-12 first team players injured.

Stabilises us and stops the rot - we were in serious danger of relegation at one point.

Starts winning games.

Takes his time getting players fit, doesn’t rush anyone back.

Been very limited in transfer activities which are out of his control.

Gets 10 points from first 6 games this season. 

Brings in young players successfully.

Its very hard to criticise the job he’s done in 7 months at the club.

If he can take us to a top 10 finish this season he will have done an excellent job IMO.

• Thanks 2

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

Last post was serious.

He walks in to a club in free fall with 10-12 first team players injured.

Stabilises us and stops the rot - we were in serious danger of relegation at one point.

Starts winning games.

Takes his time getting players fit, doesn’t rush anyone back.

Been very limited in transfer activities which are out of his control.

Gets 10 points from first 6 games this season. 

Brings in young players successfully.

Its very hard to criticise the job he’s done in 7 months at the club.

If he can take us to a top 10 finish this season he will have done an excellent job IMO.

I agree with everything apart from the last sentence. 

He's done a good job but still going to be a while till we can judge effectively

With the championship as it is we can do very well this season if Jos  can get the team to hit some consistency.  So far so good.  He seems to be able to organise better than Carlos, knows the players limitations and plays players in their correct positions.  Not like Carlos who wanted his team to play like a cross between a Portuguese third division club and Real Madrid.  Very pragmatic and the antithesis of CC.

On 01/09/2018 at 18:28, Athelwulf said:

The problem is that we can't afford to say foooook him.

As Ridgeback says, in FF we've got £10 million running around on two legs.

And we've got some very tough fixtures coming up too.

The Dutch are blunt and plain-spoken, and although that's a quality we admire, it doesn't work with the Latin races.

I should know, I deal with them.

As someone said to me once: "If you want to drop them, that's the time to soft-soap them".

I've got two fat birds on the go,(seem to collect them) and I really need to drop one, so my question is do you think  'soft-soaping' would work, and do I have to do the

wrinkly bits. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

I've got two fat birds on the go,(seem to collect them) and I really need to drop one, so my question is do you think  'soft-soaping' would work, and do I have to do the

wrinkly bits. 

Yes, but I meant drop as in knock to the floor, rather than drop as in dismiss.

For all his critics, I thought Carlito handled FF's industrial action tantrum very well.

But then again, he's a Latin man.

Set a thief ..., and all that.

22 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but I meant drop as in knock to the floor, rather than drop as in dismiss.

For all his critics, I thought Carlito handled FF's industrial action tantrum very well.

But then again, he's a Latin man.

Set a thief ..., and all that.

FF is desperate to get into the team...once he does then he won't want to lose the shirt. exactly how it should be...if we win another three or four matches even KW will want to be part of it..he'll have to be patient then he'll start putting the graft in.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

FF is desperate to get into the team...once he does then he won't want to lose the shirt. exactly how it should be...if we win another three or four matches even KW will want to be part of it..he'll have to be patient then he'll start putting the graft in.

Quite true.

But from what I've seen FF has been putting a shift in.

I mean, he always looks sullen, but that's just his face.

Ditto Paxman.

Total disgrace for me is knee jerk reactions based on 2 bad results. After 3 wins on the bounce JL and the squad could not have answered your post any better. When a team has a player of FF quality busting a gut to get in the 1st 11, its the best praise a manager can get and a great situation to be in. Some managers have the knack of getting their team promoted. JL has proved to me he knows how to manage a football team. I more confident than ever we get a manager who knows how to get us in the prem. We need to have faith and support the players and management. No team can win every game. We have a great set of supporters at swfc. If we get behind everyone through thick and thin through out the marathon of a season we have a chance of promotion. swfc never do things the easy way. We should be used to that by now