Half Time Music

11 hours ago, torres said:

I stand corrected then.

As long as Twitter and Facebook are happy  - i'm all for it.

(just a quick point - it's maybe why the club get things so very wrong  - taking any notice of people on those platforms)

Bit odd that

Firstly the idea for this didn't come from social media 

Secondly the majority (if not all) of the fans you claim to represent are on social media/forums

Kind of shuts your moans on this one right down again

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit odd that

Firstly the idea for this didn't come from social media 

Secondly the majority (if not all) of the fans you claim to represent are on social media/forums

Kind of shuts your moans on this one right down again

We’ve done this before, but we are not entertaining a festival crowd. We are meant to be rousing a crowd aged 5 to 85. My opinion is based upon appealing to everyone. Yours is based on your own taste in music. 

6 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

We’ve done this before, but we are not entertaining a festival crowd. We are meant to be rousing a crowd aged 5 to 85. My opinion is based upon appealing to everyone. Yours is based on your own taste in music. 

Incorrect again mate - I don't choose the music

As for the music selections how about we trust those who work in music and get crowds going? (you know - the professionals who have years of experience and who work in the industry)

The moaners are vastly outnumbered on this one, and the new approach is here to stay so...

Shurrup moaning, get behind this, and let's create a new thing. OUR thing. A Sheffield Wednesday thing.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

As for the music selections how about we trust those who work in music and get crowds going?

Shurrup moaning, get behind this, and let's create a new thing. OUR thing. A Sheffield Wednesday thing.

Never meant you chose the tracks. I was saying your staunch defence of it was due to your musical preference. It won’t work because it doesn’t appeal to the masses. This has already been proven by most people’s indifference to it in the games already played. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

It won’t work because it doesn’t appeal to the masses. This has already been proven by most people’s indifference to it in the games already played. 

Incorrect AGAIN

Feedback has been immensely and virtually completely positive

Bands, fans and others have been feeding back so much positivity it begs the question why hasnt' this change been made earlier

We're reaching fans who have lapsed just through this move - they're seeing us going out with this one, along with the football programme covers, and have started talking about Wednesday again

Other clubs will follow our lead on this - you mark my words

Anyway - to go back to your point you're incorrect again mate. It's already working, It does appeal to the masses, and the professionals doing this know what they're doing.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

As for the music selections how about we trust those who work in music and get crowds going?

People are pointing out how to improve something within the club- something that you are involved with and for some unknown, slightly perverse reason, you have the inability to take any constructive criticism on board. 

Look, no one cares one bit what you play from 1.30 to 2.45 - play anything you cool characters like - IT DOES NOT MATTER.

From 2.45 to the time they come out the point of the music is to enhance the atmosphere. Rouse the crowd, it’ll benefit the players 

1) The music can’t be heard properly 

2) The music choices don’t really get the crowd going 

3) The whole thing falls a bit flat 

Therefore it is not at the minute fit for purpose 

If you are going to change something then change it for the better - improve what we had before 

Currently it’s a lot worse 

4 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

I was saying your staunch defence of it was due to your musical preference. 

Nope

And if it WAS the case it would also blow your entire attack of this change to bits as it would mean that you only dislike the change because of your own musical preference

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, torres said:

Currently it’s a lot worse 

No it isn't

You've been slating this from even before it began so forgive me if I totally ignore you now in this thread mate. I only want to converse with people with constructive and positive ideas, not someone just trolling it.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn't

You've been slating this from even before it began so forgive me if I totally ignore you now in this thread mate. I only want to converse with people with constructive and positive ideas, not someone just trolling it.

Complete lies (again!) stop doing it please, makes you look even more ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Incorrect AGAIN

Feedback has been immensely and virtually completely positive

Bands, fans and others have been feeding back so much positivity it begs the question why hasnt' this change been made earlier

We're reaching fans who have lapsed just through this move - they're seeing us going out with this one, along with the football programme covers, and have started talking about Wednesday again

Other clubs will follow our lead on this - you mark my words

Anyway - to go back to your point you're incorrect again mate. It's already working, It does appeal to the masses, and the professionals doing this know what they're doing.

I can only go on my own ears and eyes and around me everyone seems oblivious to it. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Early days mate - we're creating something new here. Give it time.

Neil it’s plain we aren’t going to agree on this, but as in the other thread, the fans will choose their own anthems. 

Not knocking the music I like it myself. 

Neil it’s plain we aren’t going to agree on this, but as in the other thread, the fans will choose their own anthems. 

Not knocking the music I like it myself. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make

All it is, is one season of playing Sheffield music by Sheffield bands at Sheffield Wednesday

You know... 

A bit of fun, a bit of a positive step to try and inject a bit of life into the matchday atmosphere that if we're honest nobody really gave a poo about until this idea was publicised.

Let's give it a go, get behind it, celebrate the bands of Sheffield, and just for once try and do it without finding summat to moan about

lol

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make

All it is, is one season of playing Sheffield music by Sheffield bands at Sheffield Wednesday

You know... 

A bit of fun, a bit of a positive step to try and inject a bit of life into the matchday atmosphere that if we're honest nobody really gave a poo about until this idea was publicised.

Let's give it a go, get behind it, celebrate the bands of Sheffield, and just for once try and do it without finding summat to moan about

lol

Point I’m making is tunes can be played that will make the crowd give a positive reaction to the team. These tunes haven’t and won’t. So it’s a pretty useless exercise. 

• Like 1

Point I’m making is tunes can be played that will make the crowd give a positive reaction to the team. These tunes haven’t and won’t. So it’s a pretty useless exercise. 

In your opinion
Which by the looks of social media puts you very much into the minority view

Ps - when was the last time you ever read/heard anyone talking about what song had just been played at Hillsborough? Happens now at every home game. There's tweets, facebook posts, and snapchat/instagram post flying all over the shop from fans and bands about it.

It's all positive

Give it time, give it a chance, get behind it, enjoy it, and be positive

That's what I'm doing 

I'm not gonna be proactively trying to derail the idea that's for sure 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In your opinion
Which by the looks of social media puts you very much into the minority view

Ps - when was the last time you ever read/heard anyone talking about what song had just been played at Hillsborough? Happens now at every home game. There's tweets, facebook posts, and snapchat/instagram post flying all over the shop from fans and bands about it.

It's all positive

Give it time, give it a chance, get behind it, enjoy it, and be positive

That's what I'm doing 

I'm not gonna be proactively trying to derail the idea that's for sure 

As I said before the crowd is aged 5 to 85 are these all these posting  positively on social media. In business companies that fail don’t understand their stakeholders, internal and external. This is what’s going on here to a lesser degree. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

As I said before the crowd is aged 5 to 85 are these all these posting  positively on social media. In business companies that fail don’t understand their stakeholders, internal and external. This is what’s going on here to a lesser degree. 

No it isn't

lol

All that's happening is you failing to understand this is a massive success so far, it's still in it's infancy, and despite me saying to you give it a chance you keep waffling on about stakeholders etc

Let's be very clear. I am just speaking from a personal standpoint and not any kind of spokesperson for anyone else, the club, the fans etc and have never claimed to speak for anyone else at any time.

Give it a chance, watch it grow and evolve, and see what happens

But please... for the love of god... check out the positive reaction that's splurging out all over the shop about this change before trying to claim some spokesman for the masses when the masses are speaking loud, proud and clearly every single game.

For every 1 moan I've read (and I've read literally hardly any) I've seen 1341023591234690 positive ones

Give it a go, let's see how it evolves.

Owlstalk Shop