Team V Reading

38 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

My team as below.

Not sure what Jos' will be.

if.png

Have to agree with this, the front 3 of Mathias, Joao and Fessi looks awesome.... Pace, pressure, and goals. Fletch to come on after 70 mins  for Fessi since both played last night... 

Edited by Windygrowler

2 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

I agree, Lees-Reach-Bannan-Fletcher anchor the formation, themselves in a diamond 'sub-formation', Joao, Matias, & Palmer are capable.  I would put Borukov where Pelupessy is, he would be surrounded by the Lees-Reach-Bannan-Fletcher diamond, he's big, physical, not afraid to hit & be hit, and, he can score, don't know how he is on the ball, in traffic, but somebody on this forum can tell me.

You'd put our under 23 striker who's scored loads of goals in the last season in def midfield??? No experience or awareness how to play the role. I can only assume you've typed the wrong name. If not could you explain the thinking behind it pls.

10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Have to say, unless there are any injuries we don't know about this looks a pretty easy one to predict doesn't it?

Dawson

Palmer     Lees      Thorniley      Penney

Bannan Pulepessy Reach

Joao    Fletcher    Matias

Personally I'd play FF over Matias every day of the week, but as Matias was rested totally tonight and Nando player the whole game, I can't see it.

Anything but Pelupessy and Fletcher Fletcher couldn't hit a barn door

Dawson

Palmer      Lees     Thorniley    Penny

Hutchinson

Reach            Bannan

Matias                               Nando

Joao

We're away from home against a posession side so need to be solid but would destroy them on the counter attacks with this side. 

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 04:14, damianb1 said:

You'd put our under 23 striker who's scored loads of goals in the last season in def midfield??? No experience or awareness how to play the role. I can only assume you've typed the wrong name. If not could you explain the thinking behind it pls.

The thinking behind it is not as a defensive center-midfielder, but rather as an attacking center-midfielder/forward, like a Wayne Rooney(?), only bigger, at 6'2" and 200 pounds, he's a good target man, for crosses, and as a back-to-the-net target man, linking the defense with the offense.  He can also play hold-up man as well as Nuhiu.  Don't give him a chance to score, because he probably will, especially from accurately delivered crosses, set piece or live.  His method of defense, seems to be to attack, and I could see him meshing very well with Reach & Bannan.  as well as Lees & Fletcher...he probably already knows Thorniley, Baker, and Penney.

Your thoughts please, I'm here to learn.  That's why I joined Owlstalk, different opinions and each makes a different point.