Team V Reading

Have to say, unless there are any injuries we don't know about this looks a pretty easy one to predict doesn't it?

Dawson

Palmer     Lees      Thorniley      Penney

Bannan Pulepessy Reach

Joao    Fletcher    Matias

Personally I'd play FF over Matias every day of the week, but as Matias was rested totally tonight and Nando player the whole game, I can't see it.

Dawson

Penney

lees

thorniley 

palmer

joey

bannan

matias

reach

ff

Joao

id be happy with fletch starting and joao swapping for Matias. I wanna avoid 433 as we get over run in midfield. So 4231 or 442 with ff with joao

6 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Have to say, unless there are any injuries we don't know about this looks a pretty easy one to predict doesn't it?

Dawson

Bannan Pulepessy Reach

Personally I'd play FF over Matias every day of the week, but as Matias was rested totally tonight and Nando player the whole game, I can't see it.

The back 8 I agree completely. He won’t and shouldn’t change it.

Fletcher - surprised he got 70-odd minutes if he’s pencilled in to start Saturday. Personally I would have wanted him to start at Reading, and sit in the stands last night.

Joao - got to start. Will start.

FF or Matias - I would have let FF have 30 minutes as a sub last night, ready to work his nads off from the start at Reading. He’s going to pick Matias, and after two wins I understand it.

So...

Joao - Nuhiu - Matias

7 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Dawson

Bannan Pulepessy Reach

I agree, Lees-Reach-Bannan-Fletcher anchor the formation, themselves in a diamond 'sub-formation', Joao, Matias, & Palmer are capable.  I would put Borukov where Pelupessy is, he would be surrounded by the Lees-Reach-Bannan-Fletcher diamond, he's big, physical, not afraid to hit & be hit, and, he can score, don't know how he is on the ball, in traffic, but somebody on this forum can tell me.

24 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Really hope we go looking for the win. So many teams win games in this league at places such as Reading whereas we seem to go thinking a point is a good result

I don’t think Reading are as bad as their league position suggests, they’ve drawn with 4th and 5th places Villa and Blackburn away from home in their last two league games. 

Whilst I agree we should be aiming for a win, I’d not be too disappointed with a draw. 

Dawson

BAKER Lees Thornley Penney

HUTCHINSON Bannan

Reach

Matias Joao FORESTIERI

My thoughts behind the three changes are Baker hada good games and away from home offers the pace Palmer doesn't.

Hutchison provides the bite we need alongside Bannan.

I just really wanna see that front 3!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I don’t think Reading are as bad as their league position suggests, they’ve drawn with 4th and 5th places Villa and Blackburn away from home in their last two league games. 

Whilst I agree we should be aiming for a win, I’d not be too disappointed with a draw. 

Last season we came away with a ‘hard earned carlos point’...when probably a dozen teams took 3points away there. We’ve got to be going there confident of a win in my eyes (its the hope that kills you though isnt it)

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Dawson

Bannan Pulepessy Reach

With FF playing the full match last night and Fletcher playing 70 mins, it's odds on that both Nuihu and Matias will be replacing them in the team for Saturday. 

10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Would still love to see a front three of Matias/Joao/Nando

Striker is Lucas' best position and be lovely to see our paceyst front three together for counter attacks.