Fighting in the stands

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The same thing happened to me in the seventies. This was the reason I stopped following Wednesday away.. a lot of the people following Wed.at that time were drunken thugs out for a 'good' wee wee p and a chance to cause arguments, possibly a scrap or two. These are not football supporters, just mindless hooligans. Anyone may criticise the Chairman, the Manager Player X or whatever. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but to fight with someone over it is unacceptable. Should this episode have occurred, and I see nothing to make me doubt it, the answer lays in the hands of the EFL. It may seem harsh, but CUT THE ALLOCATION BY HALF for every such incident - 4500 at Wigan becomes 2250 at the next away game, followed by a further reduction to 1125 after the next incident, ending in a Nil allocation. Harsh, I know, and bound to hurt many true Followers. If we find this unacceptable, cut out the cause of the trouble - ALE.. Close the gates at the away end 15 mns before the K.o.

Or do as I did in the seventies - STOP GOING.

Cutting allocation at clubs like Wigan ain't going to happen, these smaller clubs need the money our massive support generates to survive in this league.