Fighting in the stands

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

2/3rds of away tickets should be allocated to those with the most points, with the remainder being balloted off to season ticket holders and members imo. Its too much of a closed shop at the moment. 

Just auction them off to the highest bidder - that'd get a few more quid into the club.*

*Disclaimer: If anyone from the club is reading this post. it's a joke.  If you actually do this, you are a complete wankpuffin.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

2/3rds of away tickets should be allocated to those with the most points, with the remainder being balloted off to season ticket holders and members imo. Its too much of a closed shop at the moment. 

So I would never get to an away game under such criteria , Good job we don’t sell out every away game isn’t it . 

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So I would never get to an away game under such criteria , Good job we don’t sell out every away game isn’t it . 

Neither would I this year but it would be an incentive for people to buy memberships etc. 

Some games still must go to general sale this season though? Especially if we keep losing 

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

Neither would I this year but it would be an incentive for people to buy memberships etc. 

Some games still must go to general sale this season though? Especially if we keep losing 

Quite a few do , the long distance trips aren’t as appealing whether we are winning or not . Usually where I benefit  !! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Why would you spend £90 to get a chance to watch us away? I reckon it'll be easy to get away tickets very soon 

On 04/08/2018 at 21:21, vulva said:

Fair enough. I was on a row in front of the disabled section and there was hardly anyone sat there.  Very odd. 

The stand holds 5,500, we was allocated 4,700 which explains the empty seats. Plus there were loads standing in gangways because they couldn't be bothered to look for there seats and stewards weren't bothered about directing people to them. 

9 hours ago, bladeshater said:

To me stopping fans who just  miss out with the points system to keep yourself top of the pecking order doesn't sit well with me it's wrong if don't want to attend a game don't use your id 

I'm not talking about me, I attend probably 12 away games a season so my points stay the same or there abouts, but I can see why others do it. 

10 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just auction them off to the highest bidder - that'd get a few more quid into the club.*

*Disclaimer: If anyone from the club is reading this post. it's a joke.  If you actually do this, you are a complete wankpuffin.

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I'm struggling to get my head round this incident. Wierd behavior on 2 fronts 1) fighting amongst ourselves on the opening day is just pathetic (frustration at our current situation is no excuse) & 2) no smartphone footage that I know of.

In an age where every fart makes YouTube, no sign of the chaos that's been discussed here to my knowledge.

Get your act together away fans :-)

17 minutes ago, marble said:

I'm struggling to get my head round this incident. Wierd behavior on 2 fronts 1) fighting amongst ourselves on the opening day is just pathetic (frustration at our current situation is no excuse) & 2) no smartphone footage that I know of.

In an age where every fart makes YouTube, no sign of the chaos that's been discussed here to my knowledge.

Get your act together away fans :-)

Are you saying those posters just made it up then or dont you want to believe it?

This is one of the reasons I stopped going to away games, our fans a far too aggressive and intolerant of any view other than their own.

I friend took his 6 year old son on Saturday and he was terrified, OF WEDNESDAY' Fans' and does not want to go again.

Well done to the Troglodytes.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

This is one of the reasons I stopped going to away games, our fans a far too aggressive and intolerant of any view other than their own.

I friend took his 6 year old son on Saturday and he was terrified, OF WEDNESDAY' Fans' and does not want to go again.

Well done to the Troglodytes.

The same thing happened to me in the seventies. This was the reason I stopped following Wednesday away.. a lot of the people following Wed.at that time were drunken thugs out for a 'good' wee wee p and a chance to cause arguments, possibly a scrap or two. These are not football supporters, just mindless hooligans. Anyone may criticise the Chairman, the Manager Player X or whatever. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but to fight with someone over it is unacceptable. Should this episode have occurred, and I see nothing to make me doubt it, the answer lays in the hands of the EFL. It may seem harsh, but CUT THE ALLOCATION BY HALF for every such incident - 4500 at Wigan becomes 2250 at the next away game, followed by a further reduction to 1125 after the next incident, ending in a Nil allocation. Harsh, I know, and bound to hurt many true Followers. If we find this unacceptable, cut out the cause of the trouble - ALE.. Close the gates at the away end 15 mns before the K.o.

Or do as I did in the seventies - STOP GOING.

-