I want our owl back

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Sat 23 Oct  SUNDERLAND.............. 3-1     21,381   John Hickton 2, Colin Dobson

One of highlights of a disappointing season in league finishing just outside relegation zone.

Though we did reach the FA Cup final.

your right in so much the league position was a bit crap but I remember the 65-66 season as one of the best  of times what with the young players brown introduced the thrill of the cup run and the excitement of the up coming world cup and Sheffield being involved …….I suppose when you look back 53 years to when you were 12 it's only natural to recall the happy parts  

13 hours ago, ka58 said:

The recent change was just another of the unnecessary and Ill thought out changes since chansiri took over.

was just daft.

The constant nithering criticism of DC by some supporters is getting very boring. The guy has come in and invested heavily in a team that was dying the death of a thousand cuts for the past 25 years, and was sold to him partly on the history and tradition of a once great club. Surely he is allowed to indulge himself on non critical issues like badge and kit. Give the man a break FFS.

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

your right in so much the league position was a bit crap but I remember the 65-66 season as one of the best  of times what with the young players brown introduced the thrill of the cup run and the excitement of the up coming world cup and Sheffield being involved …….I suppose when you look back 53 years to when you were 12 it's only natural to recall the happy parts  

Before my time as I started going in 69-70 relegation season.

Looking through that 65-66 season I noticed that there was some disappointing attendances, quiet a few under 20,000 and only 34,000 for Sheffield derby.

3 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

The constant nithering criticism of DC by some supporters is getting very boring. The guy has come in and invested heavily in a team that was dying the death of a thousand cuts for the past 25 years, and was sold to him partly on the history and tradition of a once great club. Surely he is allowed to indulge himself on non critical issues like badge and kit. Give the man a break FFS.

It’s not just the badge and kit though.

also - he’s not a philanthropist- any successful promotion will benefit him more than anyone else. People don’t have to thank him for it.

that said I do hope he turns it round.

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

It’s not just the badge and kit though.

also - he’s not a philanthropist- any successful promotion will benefit him more than anyone else. People don’t have to thank him for it.

that said I do hope he turns it round.

There you go again with the low level criticism. Was it Simon Jordan at Crystal Palace who said it's easy to become a millionaire...you just start as a billionaire and buy a football club:picnic:

4 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

There you go again with the low level criticism. Was it Simon Jordan at Crystal Palace who said it's easy to become a millionaire...you just start as a billionaire and buy a football club:picnic:

Possibly - I don’t know what that’s got to do with anything though. 

I don’t see why DC should be immune from criticism.

10 hours ago, bradowl said:

Before my time as I started going in 69-70 relegation season.

Looking through that 65-66 season I noticed that there was some disappointing attendances, quiet a few under 20,000 and only 34,000 for Sheffield derby.

the average was 10% up on the previous season …..there was a lot of disillusionment with the club for a few years( 63-66) with over 10000 fans disappearing of the average from 1960. the cup run though certainly got them back onside though as the following season they all came back .