Injuries and FFP.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Because the only way you can claim is if the players end their career...but they're still here with their back aches and styes .. coining it.

WTF!?

I don't believe this is true.

Like most insurance, you get what you pay for - and I won't pretend for a minute to know what SWFC pay for insurance.

However it's not just career ending insurance you can purchase.    There are insurance policies you can take out as a football club that cover the period that a player is injured for his wages and (again if you pay for it) the cost of rehabilitation.   

Of course, the type of policy SWFC pay we do not know.   Indeed it may be different per player.

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

I don't believe this is true.

Like most insurance, you get what you pay for - and I won't pretend for a minute to know what SWFC pay for insurance.

However it's not just career ending insurance you can purchase.    There are insurance policies you can take out as a football club that cover the period that a player is injured for his wages and (again if you pay for it) the cost of rehabilitation.   

Of course, the type of policy SWFC pay we do not know.   Indeed it may be different per player.

Fair point...but the balance sheet doesn't support any type of insurance assistance.

WTF!?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Fair point...but the balance sheet doesn't support any type of insurance assistance.

WTF!?

I am a geek, I help accounts bods out with what they perceive as difficult things like pivot tables etc but I don't really look at a set of reported accounts and think "I understand that"

Nor do I want to!

However I think it would be remiss of any business to not fully insure.   I know my company does and it only turns over around £13m a year. 

Just now, HubristicClapper said:

I am a geek, I help accounts bods out with what they perceive as difficult things like pivot tables etc but I don't really look at a set of reported accounts and think "I understand that"

Nor do I want to!

However I think it would be remiss of any business to not fully insure.   I know my company does and it only turns over around £13m a year. 

I accept your qualifications.

If we had insurance benefits it would be shown in the accounts.

However..the point I'm making is that there could be a graduated scale of easement for capital expenditure that can't be enjoyed...by clubs subject to FFP or whatever they call it now.

WTF!?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

However..the point I'm making is that there could be a graduated scale of easement for capital expenditure that can't be enjoyed...by clubs subject to FFP or whatever they call it now.

WTF!?

That's away and beyond too sensible an approach for the football league to even consider. Everything's black 'n' feckin white to them. Unless of course it's one of their darling clubs that come up with an idea. ( that usually only benefits the club where the idea came from )

FFS

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

That's away and beyond too sensible an approach for the football league to even consider. Everything's black 'n' feckin white to them. Unless of course it's one of their darling clubs that come up with an idea. ( that usually only benefits the club where the idea came from )

FFS

I'm afraid you're right cognac...it occurred to me that we've had freakish bad luck injury wise..and it wouldn't take much thought to take bad luck into account before an embargo is dished out.

WTF!?

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm afraid you're right cognac...it occurred to me that we've had freakish bad luck injury wise..and it wouldn't take much thought to take bad luck into account before an embargo is dished out.

WTF!?

To be honest I don't think we're as close to an embargo as a lot of folk on here think we are. DC and KM will be working out how to shift on some of the players we don't really need, and if we can get the commercial side of things rocking a bit better we should be OK. Hopefully. Add to that an increase in attendances if we get back to being somewhat successful and I reckon the accounts will look a lot better in 12 months time.

Of course, if the brown stuff does hit the fan we could be phooked for a couple of seasons. Let's be optimistic. 

FFS

27 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

WTF!?

My qualifications may be poor however please indulge me.

Since an insurance expense isn't an asset or liability, surely it doesn't show up separately on the balance sheet.

I mean, it will have an impact on the the balance sheet, but......or maybe I am being naive 

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

My qualifications may be poor however please indulge me.

Since an insurance expense isn't an asset or liability, surely it doesn't show up separately on the balance sheet.

I mean, it will have an impact on the the balance sheet, but......or maybe I am being naive 

No. I'm talking about a received benefit..not the premium.

WTF!?