Team vs. Swansea

43 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

We will stop up! Play like we did yesterday and against derby we will be 100% fine

I agree that we played very well.  And the incompetent officials definitely had a negative influence on the game for us.

But we still conceded 4 goals from our own defensive mistakes (although the penalty was very soft) and we failed to take our chances and score more than 2 goals when we were on top.

At this stage of the season, points are more important than performances.  In the last week alone, all the teams around us, have gained points on us.

We are still right in the mix for relegation and because of the severity of the injury crisis, we are looking vulnerable.  Where are our next 3 points coming from?

I agree with @FreshOwl put the kids out on Tuesday.

It will effectively throw the tie, we will be giving up our chance of getting into the quarter finals for the first time in a generation, lose the opportunity of a money-spinning game against Spurs, there’s a decent chance we could get a spanking on prime-time terrestrial TV too (even if Swansea put out their second team).

We have got to pile all our resources into beating Bristol City now.  We have to stay up.  Relegation would be a f*cking disaster.  And it’s now looking more realistic that we will go down than it has done all season.

Really sad that it has come to this IMO.

Edited by The Captain

28 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I agree that we played very well.  And the incompetent officials definitely had a negative influence on the game for us.

But we still conceded 4 goals from our own defensive mistakes (although the penalty was very soft) and we failed to take our chances and score more than 2 goals when we were on top.

At this stage of the season, points are more important than performances.  In the last week alone, all the teams around us, have gained points on us.

We are still right in the mix for relegation and because of the severity of the injury crisis, we are looking vulnerable.  Where are our next 3 points coming from?

I agree with @FreshOwl put the kids out on Tuesday.

It will effectively throw the tie, we will be giving up our chance of getting into the quarter finals for the first time in a generation, lose the opportunity of a money-spinning game against Spurs, there’s a decent chance we could get a spanking on prime-time terrestrial TV too (even if Swansea put out their second team).

We have got to pile all our resources into beating Bristol City now.  We have to stay up.  Relegation would be a f*cking disaster.  And it’s now looking more realistic that we will go down than it has done all season.

Really sad that it has come to this IMO.

I agree with this, we have to beat Bristol at their place That will be no easy task, but at this stage of the season, we cannot afford to lose three games in a row