#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

That never fit cack is summat started on here, and i would like to take Mr Chairman at his word when he said nobody earns more than £30,000 at this club, of course there are those that persist in saying otherwise  !! 

SO why would Jordan Rhodes on Premier League wages at Boro move to us on less money than he was on at Boro - to play with his dad - remember they are footballers.

When we signed Fletcher on a free the figure being quoted to us and other clubs was £40,000 on a 4 year deal. Even if these are a bit out he got to be on north of £30,000 a Hooper was on £35,000 when we signed him and the signing of Fletcher made him our highest paid player which then led to Fessi spitting his dummy out and the club in turn paying him more.

As for the fitness how many games did he play last season 9 games and 2 subs he has not played since October /November last year - for me that is never fit.

1 hour ago, dan1980 said:

Fletcher scored some important goals for us .him and hooper looked good as a combination

Yep they did first game of season against Bristol City looked good until he got his first injury at the club a cut head and then they played something like 20 games and scored goals, then his formed dropped off and last season he made just 9 starts out of 46 games when you have the same player but a lot cheaper in Nuihu it is time if we can to offload.

The saving on his wages alone could pay for 2 or 3 loans to come in to strengthen other areas of the team.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Maybe the game has moved on, 442 formations with two out and out wingers supplying two strikers who play high up the pitch are few and far between (more is the pity). Going back to his Middlesbrough days, Rhodes has struggled when asked to play on his own up front or with a deep lying attacker. 

He does his best work feeding off a target man and to facilitate this, leaves us too open defensively 

There is a winger available this summer for less than £1m who supplier Rhodes with the ammo to score most of his goals at Blackburn, but we won't sign him because he has championship experience, scores and creates goals but we had him on loan a few years ago.so he is asumed useless. Yet his introduction into the Millwall team last season nearly fired them into the play offs.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Yep they did first game of season against Bristol City looked good until he got his first injury at the club a cut head and then they played something like 20 games and scored goals, then his formed dropped off and last season he made just 9 starts out of 46 games when you have the same player but a lot cheaper in Nuihu it is time if we can to offload.

The saving on his wages alone could pay for 2 or 3 loans to come in to strengthen other areas of the team.

Fletcher played a big part on the 6 game winning run end of last season .he didnt miss a game with the head injury against villa .probably played with niggles when should of rested like alot of players at the time and made the injury worse

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

There is a winger available this summer for less than £1m who supplier Rhodes with the ammo to score most of his goals at Blackburn, but we won't sign him because he has championship experience, scores and creates goals but we had him on loan a few years ago.so he is asumed useless. Yet his introduction into the Millwall team last season nearly fired them into the play offs.

How long ago did he create all these goals for rhodes.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

SO why would Jordan Rhodes on Premier League wages at Boro move to us on less money than he was on at Boro - to play with his dad - remember they are footballers.

When we signed Fletcher on a free the figure being quoted to us and other clubs was £40,000 on a 4 year deal. Even if these are a bit out he got to be on north of £30,000 a Hooper was on £35,000 when we signed him and the signing of Fletcher made him our highest paid player which then led to Fessi spitting his dummy out and the club in turn paying him more.

As for the fitness how many games did he play last season 9 games and 2 subs he has not played since October /November last year - for me that is never fit.

You and others can speculate on wages all ya want for Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher  i prefer to take people at face value. 

Fletcher played 19 times last season to add to the 41 in the season he signed. 

If you want to talk value to team versus wages paid, talk Matias, Abdi not one who contributed to the club with goals. 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The first game was against villa

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

You and others can speculate on wages all ya want for Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher  i prefer to take people at face value. 

Fletcher played 19 times last season to add to the 41 in the season he signed. 

If you want to talk value to team versus wages paid, talk Matias, Abdi not one who contributed to the club with goals. 

Ya cant argue figures with mate he knows more than chansiri

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Where did you get hooper on 35k from 

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Funny you should say that fella, he an accountant ya know, has been for 10 years apparently, perhaps i should bow out of anything to do with figures, not worthy ya see!! 

Ha im sure he is

Unless we offload some strikers it is going to be interesting to see how Jos sorts it out.

Players like Hooper  and Fletcher offer experience and ability however they are one paced , play with their back to goal and never run behind.

Nobody can argue that the front three of Atty, Joao and FF provided a mix of ability , strength and pace that we had not seen from the team before. 

Jos likes flexibility in tactics and players with mobility.

If we go into the season with all the strikers we currently have it will make it a very tough job for Jos

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Unless we offload some strikers it is going to be interesting to see how Jos sorts it out.

Players like Hooper  and Fletcher offer experience and ability however they are one paced , play with their back to goal and never run behind.

Nobody can argue that the front three of Atty, Joao and FF provided a mix of ability , strength and pace that we had not seen from the team before. 

Jos likes flexibility in tactics and players with mobility.

If we go into the season with all the strikers we currently have it will make it a very tough job for Jos

Still think Hooper is our best striker. 

But I agree that Atty Joao and Fessi was an ideal combo. 

Least we will have a strong bench. 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Looks like the trolls are back I can't be bother dan 1980 you really do have some issues.

Not at all i just dont know how you know so much about wages you can never back it up

Just now, dan1980 said:

Not at all i just dont know how you know so much about wages you can never back it up

Are you a 12 year old boy that when someone says something you don't like you throw a tantrum saying 'not' until they get bored. Dan I done care what you think, you don't like me get over in and get back to cbbc's garymegson

When we tried to sign Hooper on loan from Norwich , we agreed to pay all £32,000 of his weekly wage , the deal fell through . I doubt very much when we did eventually sign him it would have been for less than the £32,000 he was already on at Norwich.

Just now, saywended said:

When we tried to sign Hooper on loan from Norwich , we agreed to pay all £32,000 of his weekly wage , the deal fell through . I doubt very much when we did eventually sign him it would have been for less than the £32,000 he was already on at Norwich.

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Are you a 12 year old boy that when someone says something you don't like you throw a tantrum saying 'not' until they get bored. Dan I done care what you think, you don't like me get over in and get back to cbbc's garymegson

Ha every post you put you clown is absolute s*** that why you get questions everytime