Thornbridge beer on the bars tomorrow

Had a pint of Owls. Very nice. Although one pump not enough to meet demand.

Sack off the two Fosters pumps and two John Smiths pumps and just sell the decent stuff. 

Good move by the club. Might go in early for one a bit more often now. 

Edited by crookesowl

I had a pint of the Owls on the North. I liked it, but I would have preferred to try the real

ale. Got to the ground a bit late so didn't have time to find it- does anyone know which bars on the North are selling it?

Although the Owls beer was good, as usual the service was flipping dreadful- one girl on her own on the cashless till by gangway T, she was slow and her colleagues actually pulling the beer were even slower.

6 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Had a pint of Owls. Very nice. Although one pump not enough to meet demand.

Sack off the two Fosters pumps and two John Smiths pumps and just sell the decent stuff. 

Good move by the club. Might go in early for one a bit more often now. 

Both Foster's and John Smith's are crimes against beer.

1 minute ago, Loxley Owl said:

I had a pint of the Owls on the North. I liked it, but I would have preferred to try the real

ale. Got to the ground a bit late so didn't have time to find it- does anyone know which bars on the North are selling it?

Although the Owls beer was good, as usual the service was flipping dreadful- one girl on her own on the cashless till by gangway T, she was slow and her colleagues actually pulling the beer were even slower.

It's at the cabin at the bottom of the slope. Don't know about anywhere else

1 hour ago, Nobsworth said:

Think it was £3.70 - which is same price for a vvank pint of John Smiths...

I've had one pint of John Smith's in my life. At Hillsborough, at half time v Cardiff last season. I remember that first mouthful of it, and thinking how ironic it was to be drinking something so bad in a city renowned for quality ale options.

I managed about 1/3 of the pint before I binned it. If the CIA are looking to make waterboarding a more terrifying experience, this is the stuff they should be using :stuwinky: