Genuine Question

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He is one for all the business minded people.

If reports are to be believed and we are sailing close to the wind in terms of FFP, what options are open to DC to generate extra funds to negate it next season.

Not being business minded I haven't got a clue but If my understanding is correct we would have 13m approx to spend next season.

See Grandad's £30m thread

FFP rules changed this year and now scoop in the two previous seasons. SWFC lost £9.8m in 2016 and £4.5m in 2015. We are 'allowed' to lose £13m per season (or £39m in total). In the past, clubs that over spent causing higher losses than the rules permitted were fined after gaining promotion to the Premier League (QPR, Cardiff and Leicester) but the fines couldn't be collected as the Premier League refused to impose the fine or collect them.

This season (as was the case last season) the Football League can impose sanctions after 1st March each year and so any breach of the FFP rules can be imposed immediately and immediate points deductions made, transfer embargos imposed or large fines collected. SWFC is allowed a maximum loss of £39m between 2015 and 2018. We have so far lost £14.3m (2015 and 2016 combined). We don't know what additional losses have taken place since April 2016 but we have spent on transfers (Rhodes, Reach, Abdi, Winnall etc) and we have agreed some pretty high wage deals.

In a nutshell, 2016-2017 gave us £24.7m headroom in losses 'to play with'. Big transfers and high wages have cost us the best part of this already. There are also rules as to how much DC can 'pay' the club in sponsorships and advertising.

So when we, as fans, clamour for re-signing young Hirsty or better pies...remember it all comes out of the small (loss) pot we have available for the important things...promotion.

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He is one for all the business minded people.

If reports are to be believed and we are sailing close to the wind in terms of FFP, what options are open to DC to generate extra funds to negate it next season.

Not being business minded I haven't got a clue but If my understanding is correct we would have 13m approx to spend next season.

I would say the main way would be to sell players