Genuine Question

He is one for all the business minded people.

If reports are to be believed and we are sailing close to the wind in terms of FFP, what options are open to DC to generate extra funds to negate it next season.

Not being business minded I haven't got a clue but If my understanding is correct we would have 13m approx to spend next season.

Guest Arnold
5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He is one for all the business minded people.

If reports are to be believed and we are sailing close to the wind in terms of FFP, what options are open to DC to generate extra funds to negate it next season.

Not being business minded I haven't got a clue but If my understanding is correct we would have 13m approx to spend next season.

Where does the 13m come from? 

Guest Arnold
Just now, Blue and white said:

I thought we were allowed to spend 39m over 3 seasons, that's 13m a season, after the 3rd it rolls on year to year or have I got that wrong.

We've spent 10m (approx)  this year on Rhodes.

Guest Arnold

Since chansiri has been here  we have a balance of about -£30,000,000 on players in the last 3 years. Plus the cost of ground improvements such as the desso pitch etc. But then there's also ticket sales etc so it's very hard to work out. The accounts are available to view for the last 2 seasons I think. 

Edited by Arnold

In my opinion if we are close, or, if as I think, there's not much more money going to go in then the only way to address the balance is sell one or two

Guest Arnold
3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Which leaves us 3m give or take, my question is how do we increase revenue to we have a greater spending power and how does DC go about it.

DC seems to have come up with some clever ways already. Such as the taxi firm, Elev8, shirt sponsorship etc. 

Guest Arnold
Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

The fee was actually £8M and it's spread over a few years not just this

Yes so it's impossible to say how much we have left. 

Guest Arnold
Just now, Blue and white said:

Could DC not rename the ground ie The TUF stadium for example.

Yeah he owns it, so can do as he pleases. 

Edited by Arnold

Even with business knowledge it's hard to speculate without knowing details. We seem to be pushing the envelope in terms of structuring deals, pushing payments further out as in the car crash Rhodes deal. The worst case for DC is that he continues to pump his own cash in by way of Sponsorships he gets nothing out of, I.e Chansiri around the ground etc. We'd plod on like this but his real challenge is to find ways to get more cash in to the club, hence the soon to be released sports drink!! 

In terms of the 13m loss per season my understanding is it's rolling so for example it could be 39m in season 1, allowing no loss in 2 and 3. Or any combination so long as 39m is not exceeded over a 3 yr period.

Guest Arnold

Or we could build a massive cake and ask people to eat it and then buy a certificate to become a guiness world record holder. Oh wait... :columbo: