OFFICIAL 2017/18 Championship Rival Watch

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

QPR 0 - 2 Brentford latest score

Brentford scored 2 really well worked goals and have been far superior in attack then QPR. This result means they jump above us into 10th place. 

who next? has always been the note of caution for me about sacking CC 

Smith right up there for me 

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Decent side who I thought we were a bit lucky against as were United by all accounts first day.

Just goes to show really.

Think they've had the most shots in the league this season or something. If they had a Gary Hooper or Rhodes they'd be genuine play off contenders again. 

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I think he’d do an excellent job with our squad, would love him to replace Carlos.

I think the first thing he'd do in the transfer market would be to get some pace and creativity into the squad. Look at Brentfords forward players and midfielders, the pace and movement is there to see. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Think they've had the most shots in the league this season or something. If they had a Gary Hooper or Rhodes they'd be genuine play off contenders again. 

They are anyway as are we.

It's only November and this league is wide open.  Win 3 or 4 straight games and you're right in it.

Too many people talking too muchshit.

They are anyway as are we.

It's only November and this league is wide open.  Win 3 or 4 straight games and you're right in it.

Too many people talking too muchshit.

Maybe, we are 6 and potentially 8 points off the play offs if Derby win their game in hand. To me it's wide open if you want it but not if you go away to places like Reading and contain them. Anyway, that's another matter. My main point is that Brentford have 'lesser' players on paper but seem to perform beyond themselves. Nobody can say the same about us. 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think he’d do an excellent job with our squad, would love him to replace Carlos.

A superbly run club aren't they. Regularly sell their best players, then scout young, hungry replacements for peanuts. Play excellent attacking football too. I think Smith would be great for us but alas would want autonomy over signings which rules just about every decent British manager out at our club. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Maybe, we are 6 and potentially 8 points off the play offs if Derby win their game in hand. To me it's wide open if you want it but not if you go away to places like Reading and contain them. Anyway, that's another matter. My main point is that Brentford have 'lesser' players on paper but seem to perform beyond themselves. Nobody can say the same about us. 

4 wins out of 4 and 2 draws and 2 losses for someone else is a very quick and doable 10 points.  5 over 2 games, same results.  It's November.  

Anyway, we'll see, they're a bright side to watch and they're under no real pressure to get there which helps and they are very good on their day.  I like them and hsve a mate who supports them who is mental but sound.

Detby game too tonight.

4 wins out of 4 and 2 draws and 2 losses for someone else is a very quick and doable 10 points.  5 over 2 games, same results.  It's November.  

Anyway, we'll see, they're a bright side to watch and they're under no real pressure to get there which helps and they are very good on their day.  I like them and hsve a mate who supports them who is mental but sound.

Detby game too tonight.

WTF: 2-2

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Detby game too tonight.

I agree but even if we get 8 points in 4 games other clubs still pick up points. I reckon we'd need to win 5 games in a row to get back into the play offs from 8 points behind.