Big Dave Off ?

19 hours ago, cookeh said:

He doesn't. For me that's complete misdirection.

He gets pelters because he misses simple chances over and over again.

He gets pelters because he's 6'4" and can't head a ball.
He gets pelters because he's 6'4" and gets muscled out by guys who are 6" shorter than him.

He gets pelters because his ball retention is pretty terrible and mostly consists of throwing himself on the floor and the ref gives him a free kick.

He gets pelters because whenever he's on the pitch we have players available who could be more effective at whatever his task is.

Being ungainly isn't the issue., he's just not very good. In a good season he might just get 10 goals, and that's nowhere near good enough for a promotion challenge. That means he's not a starting 11 player, and if we're chasing a game we have better options; if we're looking to shut up shop, we have better options. When you can say that of a player it's time for them to move on.

Apart from the times he comes on and wins headers and outmuscles defenders you'd be right!

Only makes cameo 20 min appearances every now and then , and is successful in these maybe 1 in 3 to be generous.

The harsh facts are that he is not fit enough, quick enough, mobile enough, or skillful enough to be part of a squad that is aiming for promotion.

The beard stroking football sophistos will tell you what he "adds " to our performances but in plain terms his contribution overall is so negligible as to be almost non existent.

He did a decentish job in his first couple of seasons but his time has long gone.................my heart sank when CC brought him on instead of Winnall in the play off semi

cause i knew it wouldnt work......................Winnall scored more headed goals LAST SEASON than Athde has probably got in the last 10 years, so if it wasnt for his height what had we actually brought him on to achieve ?

If he goes then he goes with my and i`m sure everyone,s good wishes but IMHO it is pointless keeping him.

3 hours ago, hatcheeks said:

Has Carlos sold any players whilst our manager? 

I think 3.  Vermijl and May to Preston, Wiggins to Bournemouth.

As Big Ron said, we had to add so may to the squad to up the quality that we hung on to a lot of the existing players as back up until their contracts expired.