Points needed

Mathematically we still need 12 at the moment. If Fulham get 12 from 12 they will finish above us on 82 as our maximum would then be 81.

81 might be enough to finish above Leeds or Reading but not certain at the moment as they can both get 83 and 86 respectively.

5 points from the next 3 guarantees a shot at the play-offs in the last game v Fulham but hope we avoid that.

All this changes after monday unless everyone wins.

(Please correct me if any of these calculations are wrong)

EDIT; Just realized if we get 10 points (82) then Fulham can only get 10 also (80) so on that basis, 10 points would do it i think???????

Edited by apswfcowl

Mathematically we still need 12 at the moment. If Fulham get 12 from 12 they will finish above us on 82 as our maximum would then be 81.

81 might be enough to finish above Leeds or Reading but not certain at the moment as they can both get 83 and 86 respectively.

5 points from the next 3 guarantees a shot at the play-offs in the last game v Fulham but hope we avoid that.

All this changes after monday unless everyone wins.

(Please correct me if any of these calculations are wrong)

EDIT; Just realized if we get 10 points (82) then Fulham can only get 10 also (80) so on that basis, 10 points would do it i think???????

Yes your calculations are right 

If Fulham play the way they did yesterday then they can easily get 3 wins before playing us

So as you say the very minimum we need is 5 points from the next 3. We could really do with getting a decent away win on Monday to relieve that pressure a bit!

The only good news is Fulham have probably got the hardest run in.

Yep given the choice between having

QPR, Derby and Ipswich, Or

Villa, Huddersfield and Brentford,

on current form I would want our fixtures, even with two away games. We just need to turn up in every game 

Edited by Southie_Owl