Congrats Rhodes, Fletcher and Bannan

41 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Bashing Bannan again.

B@st@rd pathetic

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not really a shock, Jordan Rhodes is not an international player.

Think that is the crux of the problem. Scotland (Wales, Eire etc) have to play Championship players at best who aren't ever going to be international class.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Bashing Bannan again.

B@st@rd pathetic

It not a matter of bashing him they obviously notice the same things about him as is bleeding obvious when he plays for wednesday. For me he needs improving on from our point of view so for an international I dont think anybody can blame the scots for being negative about him being included.

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, modboy said:

its a concern that Rhodes is struggling, that chance vs Reading reckon in the past he would have buried it instead of putting it wide

As I have said from day 1 he is on the decline.

He struggled at Boro hence why even as a struggling side in the lower ends of the Prem they still didn't think he was needed.

When Rhodes was prolific he was never fast - he was certainly a hard faster then he has showed the past two seasons.

Even at Blackburn towards the end of his time there he was starting to get dropped.

Its not me having a go at him it's just clear he is not the player he was and those who fight his cause do it because he once was a great striker at this level. 

Guest RocketOwl
15 minutes ago, james o connor said:

It not a matter of bashing him they obviously notice the same things about him as is bleeding obvious when he plays for wednesday. For me he needs improving on from our point of view so for an international I dont think anybody can blame the scots for being negative about him being included.

Before Bannan joined us my pre conceived ideas of how he was from other fans was a player who always played sideways and backwards and wasted corners.

When he signed for us I couldn't believe how far from that was and found it ages to see why Villa fans didn't rate him. He was direct and precise with his passing and worked very hard.

He still does the latter but i am worried he is now turning back into that player Villa didn't rate.

Could be a confidence issue. Unfortunately we don't have any cover.

Guest RocketOwl
52 minutes ago, modboy said:

Think that is the crux of the problem. Scotland (Wales, Eire etc) have to play Championship players at best who aren't ever going to be international class.

They were playing Canada.

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

As I have said from day 1 he is on the decline.

He struggled at Boro hence why even as a struggling side in the lower ends of the Prem they still didn't think he was needed.

When Rhodes was prolific he was never fast - he was certainly a hard faster then he has showed the past two seasons.

Even at Blackburn towards the end of his time there he was starting to get dropped.

Its not me having a go at him it's just clear he is not the player he was and those who fight his cause do it because he once was a great striker at this level. 

11 goals in 26 apps for Blackburn before he left for Boro.

Quite some decline

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, BIG D said:

11 goals in 26 apps for Blackburn before he left for Boro.

Quite some decline

If it was 11 in 12 it would be.

All I know is Lambert wasn't playing hum

towards the end of his time there.

I wouldnt read too much into it - hardly any of the Scotland players done much from what Ive heard. Last time I watched them they didnt look as if they were playing for the manager. They looked a classic example of a team where the manager's lost the dressing room.

It doesnt help when the manager slags off his own players, whilst ignoring the fact that Northern Ireland got to a tournament last year with a much weaker squad. A manager who reckoned a guy playing in the top tier of German football doesnt have the neccessary experience to play against Slovakia, but a guy playing in the second tier of Scottish Football does. 

I used to go to every Scotland home game, including friendlies. Nowadays? I live less than 10 miles from Easter Road and I wouldnt even have went last night if it had been free.