Uncle Tommy

9 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Personally wouldn't sing anything with regards to his Uncle but I'm not going to Villa so it doesn't matter any way, if people are insistent on singing about his Uncle, just change the lyrics to his song got the day, something like, 

"We've got Bannan Barry Bannan

I just don't think you understand, 

We are going to sing it loud coz he made his Uncle Proud, we've got Barry Bannan".

cringe lol

19 hours ago, Cosmo said:

If anyone's interested I'm organising a bucket collection for Liam Palmers cousin. She needs braces. Email owlstalkcares@hotmail.com for more. 

Will chuck  £100 in to start it off, all for a brilliant cause.

Email address not working though.

19 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Just belt out Bannan song for a bit.

If you really want to be nice change up one of the lyrics, like he makes his uncle proud or summat

That sounds like it could be quite good actually, not too in your face but great sentiment

20 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

This to me would come across as virtue signalling.

It isn't intended that way, I mainly just thought it could be a great way to inspire the lad and push him to perform at his best, as well as let the lad know he isn't alone in a tough time in his life. 

17 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know different people have different opinions on things like this but if I was a close family member of Barry Bannans uncle I wouldn't want his passing to be turned into a public event by people who he has never met orr even heard of him.

Think many people prefer there grief to be a private and quiet time.

I mean, I'd argue that Bannan made it part of a public event by mentioning it so explicitly in his interview, it seemed like he wanted the fans to know because it meant a lot to him. However if I was a dead guy, I'd love for a stadium to be using my death in a positive way... not that it would matter as I'd be dead, but the sentiment stands. 

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Where were you all when Ola Tidmans cat died ?

Nowhere. That's where. No chants or nothing. Don't make me laugh you heartless barstewards.

Well I can't speak for everyone else Mr Farrell my friend but I was in Sweden feeding tuna and antifreeze sandwiches to cats.