CC on front page of BBC FÒOTBALL site

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Not a lot of point sticking your head above the parapet mate and soon as anyone responds saying best to drop it.

Nothing to do with you not understanding me or vice versa, or interpretations of what we think is best for the club.

My response to your initial post was quite simply a rebuttal that our success this year is down to the 'millions' spent rather than anything to do with any managerial nous on CCs part.

He's done it this year having spent money and he did it last year having spent relatively minimally.

Regarding 'interpretation of what we think is best for the club'. My interpretation is that we are currently 6th with a decent gap that could be extended tomorrow (or not) and that CC on the strength of that alone deserves a bit of respect, not to mention time to finish the job or die trying.

I therefore assume when you talk of interpretation, that as you seem to want something different to my view, that means, (and probably confirmed by your grudging comments re CC) that you would prefer a change of management.

One last thing, i'm not sure why you would think this 'debate' would degenerate into hurling abuse at each other. It's just one of loads of threads and i made the point only this week, that posters frequently have opposite opinions on certain issues only to form alliances on others.

It's called grown up debate.  

Some very good passive aggressive stuff there at the end but seriously I think you have got me all wrong.

Carlos showed plenty of tactical nous last season with little investment but still a lot more than we were used to. I have respect for him but he had a good opportunity that I think many other managers could have taken.

We have had promotion level investment in my opinion this season and I am questioning his ability to make the best use of the excellent squad of players we have accumulated from pre season to now. The team appear to be going backwards, literally and lack the togetherness they have is evident compared with last season, they look lost often and the performances are mostly dour as a result, with the same shortcomings.

I think we play a style of play unsuited to the squad of players we have. The closest we got to clicking in 2017 was at home against Birmingham when we started with a set up I believe we should start with in more games, mainly Fessi on the left where the team have always scored far more goals.

6th position is the minimum he is expected to deliver by his boss and I feel we are clinging on to that spot. More than happy to be proved wrong tomorrow or at any time, I'd be delighted.

We both want what is best for the club but we believe that to be only slightly different things. I want Carlos to change something but I don't want him sacked. I think it is impossible to talk about how good he's been for us because no other manager has had the same opportunity at Hillsborough as he has.

I actually never thought or stated that our debate would result in hurling abuse at each other. It was a friendly reference to the much discussed twitter rubblings and the two big camps that appear to forming between positivity and negativity here where people really are falling out. This is something that I am trying to stem by saying none of this is as black and white as people think on other threads.

Originally, I simply didn't think you understood my points which is why I cut it short and gave you a like for at least engaging with me.

All I ask is that if you want to have a grown up debate with me, don't patronise me by telling me what one is.

It's a modern game, managers check Twitter, players check Twitter, owners check Twitter, accept it people. 

Disappointed that CC has acknowledged the idiots that abuse him or make stupid comments about the club, I thought he was better than paying attention to those morons. 

Much like this forum, i stay off Twitter after a bad performance or a loss because i can't deal with clueless 'fans' making ridiculous statements just for attention or for the sake of causing an argument.

44 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Some very good passive aggressive stuff there at the end but seriously I think you have got me all wrong.

Carlos showed plenty of tactical nous last season with little investment but still a lot more than we were used to. I have respect for him but he had a good opportunity that I think many other managers could have taken.

We have had promotion level investment in my opinion this season and I am questioning his ability to make the best use of the excellent squad of players we have accumulated from pre season to now. The team appear to be going backwards, literally and lack the togetherness they have is evident compared with last season, they look lost often and the performances are mostly dour as a result, with the same shortcomings.

I think we play a style of play unsuited to the squad of players we have. The closest we got to clicking in 2017 was at home against Birmingham when we started with a set up I believe we should start with in more games, mainly Fessi on the left where the team have always scored far more goals.

6th position is the minimum he is expected to deliver by his boss and I feel we are clinging on to that spot. More than happy to be proved wrong tomorrow or at any time, I'd be delighted.

We both want what is best for the club but we believe that to be only slightly different things. I want Carlos to change something but I don't want him sacked. I think it is impossible to talk about how good he's been for us because no other manager has had the same opportunity at Hillsborough as he has.

I actually never thought or stated that our debate would result in hurling abuse at each other. It was a friendly reference to the much discussed twitter rubblings and the two big camps that appear to forming between positivity and negativity here where people really are falling out. This is something that I am trying to stem by saying none of this is as black and white as people think on other threads.

Originally, I simply didn't think you understood my points which is why I cut it short and gave you a like for at least engaging with me.

All I ask is that if you want to have a grown up debate with me, don't patronise me by telling me what one is.

You're quite good mate.

A bit A Level Psychology at times and a bit like debating with a moving target. Make a point and then deny you said it and then claim your point isn't understood.

If all else fails, claim it's 'patronising'.

However, you present a good argument and you are clearly a decent poster & have the club at heart, as hopefully we all do. Just wish some of the negativity that is eating us alive would stop, because it's going to cost us.  Plenty of time to be negative after the season if it's all gone pear shaped.

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

You're quite good mate.

A bit A Level Psychology at times and a bit like debating with a moving target. Make a point and then deny you said it and then claim your point isn't understood.

If all else fails, claim it's 'patronising'.

However, you present a good argument and you are clearly a decent poster & have the club at heart, as hopefully we all do. Just wish some of the negativity that is eating us alive would stop, because it's going to cost us.  Plenty of time to be negative after the season if it's all gone pear shaped.

Perhaps I should try for a new career in Politics!

I think the last bit is the main reason we have had a decent debate tonight (eventually), I honestly don't think I am being negative and I think you might do.

Good to hear your views, enjoy the game tomorrow if you're going, I'll be looking after the little fella in the photo for a change.

9 hours ago, Grandad said:

4 pages in and got fed up

I'm not a fan of the word, and very rarely use it.

But we have some proper c**ts as fans

We have a manager with the 3rd best win ratio in our history.The best since Vic Buckingham in the early 60s

We have a Chairman literally throwing millions at getting us promoted.

We are 6th, 3 pts off 3rd.

We narrowly missed out last season but had a brilliant trip to Wembley.

And our Manager has to spend 10 minutes talking about a minority of shitty 'supporters' (term used very loosely) in a Press conference.

Way to press Self Destruct you absolute nobheads. You reckon you get to say what you like because youve paid your money? Well, don't pay your money, stay at home, go to Meadowhall. we don't need your kind of support

That's exactly how I see the situation. I would suggest they all stick their heads in the oven; only they would complain that natural has is no longer used.

11 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

Perhaps I should try for a new career in Politics!

I think the last bit is the main reason we have had a decent debate tonight (eventually), I honestly don't think I am being negative and I think you might do.

Good to hear your views, enjoy the game tomorrow if you're going, I'll be looking after the little fella in the photo for a change.

Have a good one mate, and wrap the little one up warm.

Ps If you hear a little sigh from the little one when Reach misplaces a pass, give him /her a very gentle (very gentle) nip just to set him/ her on the right path.

:biggrin: