How did abdi do.....

1 hour ago, ramone said:

I wouldn't know. I've not seen him play. Hence why I think it ludicrous that you know so much about his game that you'd drop the guy that's been pivotal to us picking 4 points up in our last 2 game for him.

I just don't know how you know so much about his game. Unless you're a Watford fan and you watched him week in week out.

If you aren't, you're basing your opinion on here say and what people are telling you and that's not right is it...

I enjoy football mate and I've had a lot of time to kill this past couple of years through being off work. I don't just watch football games, I tend to watch tactics, players and performances. Im a football nerd.

I've seen a fair bit of Abdi live, live TV and extended highlights of Watford games. I watched a lot of stuff on him when it was apparent we were going to sign him because I want to know how a player is going to improve us, not just his highlights reel.

As was mentioned numerous times when we signed him, he's a very good footballer. Personally I think he can do all that Bannan does. I think he has more strings to his bow than Bannan. I think he is more suited to playing as a CM in a 4-4-2 because he has more about him physically and his awareness is better. Bannan needs a rest, even if it's just a couple of cameos for the next two. We need fresh ideas and I'm sure Abdi can bring this.

Bannan has indeed contributed to us picking up points in these last two games, I can't deny that. I think Abdi and Bannan should be competing for the same spot but I honestly believe Abdi is a more complete player and that's not from hearsay but from forming an opinion on what I've seen. 

3 hours ago, spike1867 said:

For me he offered energy and still looks the most comfortable player on the ball in our squad. 

I know BB got the MoM for keeping things ticking over but Abdi is capable of this and more. He also looks stronger in the tackle than BB and DJ. 

He needs to start alongside Hutch next game if only to give BB a rest. I have a feeling he will oust BB given chance.

Don't get me wrong, I like BB but he is too lightweight in a 2 man centre mid. 

Who got man of the match last night?

16 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Who got man of the match last night?

I already said...Barry Bannan. He got MoM for keeping the midfield ticking over. I don't think it was for his defensive solidity or attacking prowess. It doesn't change my opinion that in a   4-4-2 Abdi would be a better option. 

Just now, spike1867 said:

I already said...Barry Bannan. He got MoM for keeping the midfield ticking over. I don't think it was for his defensive solidity or attacking prowess. It doesn't change my opinion that in a   4-4-2 Abdi would be a better option. 

Abdi hasnt had a good game yet this season, granted hes been injured/ not fit or whatever but ive not seen anything from him this season that would give him bannans spot. People are obsessed with putting abdi in the team for some reason, CC watches him in training every day, if he was outplaying bannan hed be starting. To call for him to take bannans place after hes just won mom is rediculous!

Unless our fans are secret Watford fans i dont know how it is possible to rate Abdi so highly, I could look like a world beater on youtube! If he was that good and was the answer he would be playing FACT! If everbody is honest with themselves we all aint got a clue how good he is or isnt. To say he is better than BB when nobody has seen that much of him is laughable. CC and the coaches see him basically everday in training, we dont! Some people need to give their head a wobble. He left Watford after refusing to play on the left anymore, that aint a team player to me!

Edited by Barr Grylls
spelling

25 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Abdi hasnt had a good game yet this season, granted hes been injured/ not fit or whatever but ive not seen anything from him this season that would give him bannans spot. People are obsessed with putting abdi in the team for some reason, CC watches him in training every day, if he was outplaying bannan hed be starting. To call for him to take bannans place after hes just won mom is rediculous!

do you honestly think BB deserved mom?

25 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

The call for him to take Bannan place is because, as I've already stated, I think he's a better option in a 4-4-2 and I think Bannan needs a rest anyway. Abdi hasnt got 30 games in his legs already, i think he is the right replacement and given the opportunity in CM with Hutch in there too, we may get the best out of him and we may not find ourselves sitting with 2 CMs so deep.

MoM is the opinion of one Sky co-commentator, not gospel. I personally thought Loovens was solid and kept us organised with his usual partner missing, but it's just opinion.

Last season Bannan got sent off and suspended and we didn't miss him then. I don't think we will miss him now.

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

I enjoy football mate and I've had a lot of time to kill this past couple of years through being off work. I don't just watch football games, I tend to watch tactics, players and performances. Im a football nerd.

I've seen a fair bit of Abdi live, live TV and extended highlights of Watford games. I watched a lot of stuff on him when it was apparent we were going to sign him because I want to know how a player is going to improve us, not just his highlights reel.

As was mentioned numerous times when we signed him, he's a very good footballer. Personally I think he can do all that Bannan does. I think he has more strings to his bow than Bannan. I think he is more suited to playing as a CM in a 4-4-2 because he has more about him physically and his awareness is better. Bannan needs a rest, even if it's just a couple of cameos for the next two. We need fresh ideas and I'm sure Abdi can bring this.

Bannan has indeed contributed to us picking up points in these last two games, I can't deny that. I think Abdi and Bannan should be competing for the same spot but I honestly believe Abdi is a more complete player and that's not from hearsay but from forming an opinion on what I've seen. 

Any football nerd is a top man in my book.

I agree with you that Abdi and Bannan should be generally fighting for one CM role. Right now you couldn't take it off a Bannan.

I think some home matches, Birmingham, Brentford and Blackburn included, an Abdi-Bannan midfield would work. 

Came on, got stuck in. Made a couple of nice passes. Did as much as anyone could do in 5mins of one of the worst football matches in living memory.

End of the day though it doesn't matter what he does. He'll be benched or out the squad for the next game anyway.

57 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

The call for him to take Bannan place is because, as I've already stated, I think he's a better option in a 4-4-2 and I think Bannan needs a rest anyway. Abdi hasnt got 30 games in his legs already, i think he is the right replacement and given the opportunity in CM with Hutch in there too, we may get the best out of him and we may not find ourselves sitting with 2 CMs so deep.

MoM is the opinion of one Sky co-commentator, not gospel. I personally thought Loovens was solid and kept us organised with his usual partner missing, but it's just opinion.

Last season Bannan got sent off and suspended and we didn't miss him then. I don't think we will miss him now.

Why does bannan need e rest? Never stopped running last night