How did abdi do.....

For me he offered energy and still looks the most comfortable player on the ball in our squad. 

I know BB got the MoM for keeping things ticking over but Abdi is capable of this and more. He also looks stronger in the tackle than BB and DJ. 

He needs to start alongside Hutch next game if only to give BB a rest. I have a feeling he will oust BB given chance.

Don't get me wrong, I like BB but he is too lightweight in a 2 man centre mid. 

Not sure what he looks like so didn't  spot him.

I also believe he's aged a lot since his last game so his appearance  has changed somewhat.

I think it would be really useful if the club could post up to date photographs of our missing X11 (Urby, Mcguigan and Abdi etc)

It's  been that long, I'm  not even sure how to spell their names.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not sure what he looks like so didn't  spot him.

I also believe he's aged a lot since his last game so his appearance  has changed somewhat.

I think it would be really useful if the club could post up to date photographs of our missing X11 (Urby, Mcguigan and Abdi etc)

It's  been that long, I'm  not even sure how to spell their names.

He was the one in gloves, tights, woolen bobble hat, with an umbrella under his arm.

He didn't see too much of the ball due to coming on late and we were pretty much just trying to clear our lines at the stage, but the few times he got on the ball he was tidy. Did the little things correctly e.g shield the ball look up and pick the correct pass. I like that he plays the ball into the players path as well (instead of behind them like many of our passes last night).

I desperately want to see this guy succeed, as we all do, but feel that cc's perspective is that if Bannan is fit, he plays. Given Jones and Bannan played Tuesday and with Lee/Hutch both out, this was a great chance to give him a game (although I knew instinctively that wouldn't happen). Separately, I thought Jones was poor last night - too many loose balls and pointless fouls. 

Maybe if Bannan is unfortunate enough to get injured (which I don't wish on any player) then who knows...we'll no doubt see Semedo start the next game ;)

He looked sprightly but it was an odd time to throw him on, we were mostly under pressure the last 15min and most of the play was coming at us down the flanks or long, so he didn't get much to do. Drifted around the middle and chased down a few loose balls but was largely bypassed. Didn't look massively rusty though. Couple of assured touches and passes. Would like to see him start ASAP.

If he's been struggling with a knock/strain mysterious injury then I take the club's word for it. 

I don't think there has been any great conspiracy against him.

As soon as he's ready he's come back into the squad.

Having players like him (and Hutch) back in the mix going into this final stretch of the season is and real boost and gives us a depth we've not had for ages. 

Hopefully Abdi will keep getting some game time and will soon be ready to push for fora full start. 

Abdi do do do pass to Bannan then to Lees.

To the left to the right to a Carlos melody.

That to the tune of Aga Doo could be the start of an ace terrace chant.

If only he'd get a game or two we could all be singing that pearler.

Thank me when it happens.....

48 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

For me he offered energy and still looks the most comfortable player on the ball in our squad. 

I know BB got the MoM for keeping things ticking over but Abdi is capable of this and more. He also looks stronger in the tackle than BB and DJ. 

He needs to start alongside Hutch next game if only to give BB a rest. I have a feeling he will oust BB given chance.

Don't get me wrong, I like BB but he is too lightweight in a 2 man centre mid. 

Christ alive. You got all that from him running on to the pitch and barely kicking the ball...

You simply can't have sumised that he needs to be starting from what he offered tonight, it's simply impossible 

Think a bit before you start typing 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Christ alive. You got all that from him running on to the pitch and barely kicking the ball...

You simply can't have sumised that he needs to be starting from what he offered tonight, it's simply impossible 

Think a bit before you start typing 

Granted,  it's not just from his run out last night. He is physically more capable than BB, he can do all that BB does and more and I still maintain when he receives the ball he looks like he has more time than any other players.  Last night he came on and closed players down and from previous appearances that's not just a one off. I think he is a better player in a 4-4-2 than BB and for the time being that is how CC is lining us up. 

When I say he offered energy, he doesn't look like a player with 30 odd games in his legs and he still moves around the pitch better than DJ. I know CC said it was a quick turnaround from Tuesday but DJ, unlike Bannan has not played the same amount of games. He looked leaden.

Just as BB looked out of place wide, so did Abdi at the start of the season. In my opinion, Abdi is a better fit in CM in a 4-4-2.

As for your last comment, I do think before I type. However if you want to pick an argument, be my guest. I'm more than able for it, but I'd rather not waste yours or my time with it. If you want to debate football and our club in particular then no problem. 

Edited by spike1867

24 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Granted,  it's not just from his run out last night. He is physically more capable than BB, he can do all that BB does and more and I still maintain when he receives the ball he looks like he has more time than any other players.  Last night he came on and closed players down and from previous appearances that's not just a one off. I think he is a better player in a 4-4-2 than BB and for the time being that is how CC is lining us up. 

When I say he offered energy, he doesn't look like a player with 30 odd games in his legs and he still moves around the pitch better than DJ. I know CC said it was a quick turnaround from Tuesday but DJ, unlike Bannan has not played the same amount of games. He looked leaden.

Just as BB looked out of place wide, so did Abdi at the start of the season. In my opinion, Abdi is a better fit in CM in a 4-4-2.

As for your last comment, I do think before I type. However if you want to pick an argument, be my guest. I'm more than able for it, but I'd rather not waste yours or my time with it. If you want to debate football and our club in particular then no problem. 

I wouldn't know. I've not seen him play. Hence why I think it ludicrous that you know so much about his game that you'd drop the guy that's been pivotal to us picking 4 points up in our last 2 game for him.

I just don't know how you know so much about his game. Unless you're a Watford fan and you watched him week in week out.

If you aren't, you're basing your opinion on here say and what people are telling you and that's not right is it...

2 hours ago, Widders said:

Abdi do do do pass to Bannan then to Lees.

To the left to the right to a Carlos melody.

That to the tune of Aga Doo could be the start of an ace terrace chant.

If only he'd get a game or two we could all be singing that pearler.

Thank me when it happens.....

Sideways, back, no mention of 'forwards' lol

Edited by Mr. Tom