Urby is alive

44 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

I get a feeling it was a game to give a few players on the edge a chance to show they are ready and to also showcase a few we want rid of.

I can understand why he'd want to give a few a run out, considering upcoming suspensions, but I'm not sure how they'd showcase a few we to get rid ofvif there's no bugger allowed in to watch. :duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, Chilli said:

I can understand why he'd want to give a few a run out, considering upcoming suspensions, but I'm not sure how they'd showcase a few we to get rid ofvif there's no bugger allowed in to watch. :duntmatter:

I meant scouts and coaches from other clubs. Unless they blindfolded all visitors.

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I don't understand the "Behind closed doors" thingy..I mean the cold wars over isn't it, what bloody secrets are gonna be leaked.

well it gives managers the chance to try lots of different strategies and player combinations out without worrying about the scoreline. if you have paying customers in the players have a duty to entertain and get a result. especially against teams in lower divisions there would be an unnecessary pressure added to what is simply an experimental game.