This is beyond stupid.

2 minutes ago, ozowl02 said:

Not really when i'm the rare few who stand at the back of the kop and sing my and our hearts out each game. So defeated your very own self there m8..!

Means nowt mate, you sing cos you want to, same as every f.ooker who thinks an away game is a sort of pilgrimage, they go cos they want to.

The band PLAY cos they want to, 

0-0 against Wolves with the band playing and 3 blokes singing doesn't add to the atmosphere, it underlines the lack of it...

The team has to perform before the crowd get going...same absolutely everywhere..

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Means nowt mate, you sing cos you want to, same as every f.ooker who thinks an away game is a sort of pilgrimage, they go cos they want to.

The band PLAY cos they want to, 

0-0 against Wolves with the band playing and 3 blokes singing doesn't add to the atmosphere, it underlines the lack of it...

The team has to perform before the crowd get going...same absolutely everywhere..

At least we try and get an atmosphere going unlike the rest of you 25,590

1 minute ago, ozowl02 said:

At least we try and get an atmosphere going unlike the rest of you 25,590

Cos you like to sing...I prefer to join in with Hi Ho and then just do the "C'Mon Wednesday" every so often, clap at corners etc...

By all means do what you want, but if you expect Honolulu from me, when its a borefest, you will be sadly let down

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Cos you like to sing...I prefer to join in with Hi Ho and then just do the "C'Mon Wednesday" every so often, clap at corners etc...

By all means do what you want, but if you expect Honolulu from me, when its a borefest, you will be sadly let down

Then don't expect more than a borefest if you don't get behind the team. Easy. Case done.

47 minutes ago, ozowl02 said:

Well Rotherham barely create an atmosphere and look where they are, same with Wigan, no atmosphere, same with Blackburn. But when you look at Newcastle and Brighton, there's atmosphere, and big atmosphere regularly.

Winning, goal scoring football helps. 

I'm going to save a reply on my computer for these sorts of threads.  Something along the lines of...

Stop blaming fans for turgid, boring, uninspiring, lethargic, slow and plodding performances.  

The fans buy their tickets and turn up.  I don't expect to be entertained, but I damn sure expect to see effort and enthusiasm from people being paid to do a job that thousands of people in the city would happily have a crack at for free.  

When the players get fired up, the crowd get fired up. 

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

I'm going to save a reply on my computer for these sorts of threads.  Something along the lines of...

Stop blaming fans for turgid, boring, uninspiring, lethargic, slow and plodding performances.  

The fans buy their tickets and turn up.  I don't expect to be entertained, but I damn sure expect to see effort and enthusiasm from people being paid to do a job that thousands of people in the city would happily have a crack at for free.  

When the players get fired up, the crowd get fired up. 

I'm not blaming them. But they moan and moan, but they're not doing anything. If they don't create the atmosphere they can't expect more than a mid table finish

It's a two way street

There's no doubt that a geed up crowd can help get an extra few percent out of a player's performance, but damn these professionals earning in a year what you'll be lucky to earn a lifetime shouldn't need a bit of noise behind them to be able to play with a bit of zip and provide excitement. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

It's a two way street

There's no doubt that a geed up crowd can help get an extra few percent out of a player's performance, but damn these professionals earning in a year what you'll be lucky to earn a lifetime shouldn't need a bit of noise behind them to be able to play with a bit of zip and provide excitement. 

It'd help though

Just now, nebneeb said:

Why didn't we beat Hull at Wembley?

Must've been outsung.

No we played appalling and was dominated by a higher class side, on some days, SOME DAYS, it doesn't matter who we play, we'll always lose or tie, but if we ramped up the atmosphere for games like Brighton this season (2-1 loss) at hillsborough, we could have drew 2-2 and a bit of urge and noise we could have won by the skin of our teeth

Just now, ozowl02 said:

No we played appalling and was dominated by a higher class side, on some days, SOME DAYS, it doesn't matter who we play, we'll always lose or tie, but if we ramped up the atmosphere for games like Brighton this season (2-1 loss) at hillsborough, we could have drew 2-2 and a bit of urge and noise we could have won by the skin of our teeth

Was deathly silent against Bristol City and we got 2 late ones...

It doesn't stack up Oz

The type of football we play isn't conducive to a rip roaring atmosphere, it starts off OK , but after 20 passes along the back 4 it dissipates...I'm not slagging the style off...I'm simply stating a fact.

It needs a bad foul, a poor refs decision, to get the crowd going with this style of play

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Was deathly silent against Bristol City and we got 2 late ones...

It doesn't stack up Oz

The type of football we play isn't conducive to a rip roaring atmosphere, it starts off OK , but after 20 passes along the back 4 it dissipates...I'm not slagging the style off...I'm simply stating a fact.

It needs a bad foul, a poor refs decision, to get the crowd going with this style of play

When 2-1 went in, the atmosphere became louder, 2-2 then became louder, 3-2 ramped it up by a mile