Standing

Why does standing create atmosphere?

All the unsym-pathetic people......what if it was your Nan?

They had paid to SIT in an area designated to SIT. The ticket has even got advice and a number to text to report STANDING as ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR..........why do some people think they have a right to stand

Because they have feet.

Maybe

They make the rules but havent enforced them

The rules are the same at every ground. They are printed on nearly every ticket. But it's a football match. People standing make a lot of noise. It's always been that way, and that's how we like it. If you want to sit, sit on the front row. If you don't like the rowdiness, go to the opera.

The rules are the same at every ground. They are printed on nearly every ticket. But it's a football match. People standing make a lot of noise. It's always been that way, and that's how we like it. If you want to sit, sit on the front row. If you don't like the rowdiness, go to the opera.

Couldn't choose your rows though could you?

Couldn't choose your rows though could you?

Not yesterday, no. I was generalising. It amazes me that people buy tickets towards the middle / back of a stand and then squinny that other fans are standing and jumping around, enjoying theirselves infront of them.

Its the kids who suffer & its such as your brain dead comments that dont help. They love going to watch wednesday & they couldnt enjoy it as they should have yesterday & it totally spoilt it for them.

Not yesterday, no. I was generalising. It amazes me that people buy tickets towards the middle / back of a stand and then squinny that other fans are standing and jumping around, enjoying theirselves infront of them.

Maybe its because the ticket says NO STANDING and carries a "helpline"

But when there are people with your attitude there isnt much hope of consideration for others to enjoy a football match and watch the team they have watched for maybe 50 years or more.

Hopefully you will get old one day

Maybe Wembley should've had a OAP section in the middle???

Or a standing section or warn on the tickets that the NO STANDING regulation is ignored

Or better still, enforce the rules they make........in fact are they rules or are they laws

Its the kids who suffer & its such as your brain dead comments that dont help. They love going to watch wednesday & they couldnt enjoy it as they should have yesterday & it totally spoilt it for them.

My brain dead comments. Ok pal. Let's stop all the adults, that work full time jobs to part with their hard earnt cash on a regular basis, from having the same fun that they've been having since they were young enough to go because the kid behind can't see.

Seriously, if someone behind me wants to sit, I'll happily swap seats with them. If everyone behind me is sitting, I'll sit to save arguing with them. I'm not the selfish type. But it is common knowledge that standing makes the better atmosphere, which is what sets going to the game apart from sitting at home and watching.

Was great to see so many fans stood up for the full 90 yesterday. It definitely contributed to the spectacular atmosphere.

It's regrettable in situations like the OP, but I would say the younger lads were still well within their rights to remain standing, given the occasion and the fact that most of our end were stood up.

People grassing on their fellow fans doesn't sit too well with me I have to say.

Maybe its because the ticket says NO STANDING and carries a "helpline"

But when there are people with your attitude there isnt much hope of consideration for others to enjoy a football match and watch the team they have watched for maybe 50 years or more.

Hopefully you will get old one day

Ok. You know me better than I know myself. I'm so very inconsiderate because I don't let a bit of writing on a ticket police my choice to stand at my favourite pass time.

I'll no doubt die before I get old(er), but if I do, and I can't stand for long, I'll choose to sit near the front, so as to not sponge the fun out of those that wish to stand.

Was great to see so many fans stood up for the full 90 yesterday. It definitely contributed to the spectacular atmosphere.

It's regrettable in situations like the OP, but I would say the younger lads were still well within their rights to remain standing, given the occasion and the fact that most of our end were stood up.

People grassing on their fellow fans doesn't sit too well with me I have to say.

We're All Wednesday Aren't We? Aparently not if you're that horrifically dispicable standing type.

If you want to sit through a game then don't go to a play off final. Simple

After spending days trying to get other people to help you get a ticket I thought you'd probably be a bit more appreciative of all Wednesdayites.

After spending days trying to get other people to help you get a ticket I thought you'd probably be a bit more appreciative of all Wednesdayites.

I never said I wasn't appreciative but if you go to a play off final what do you expect? I had blisters on my feet and wanted to sit, especially after Hull scored but wanted to keep standing and encouraging the players cause as soon as people start sitting others follow and the atmosphere drops. Imagine if everybody sat? Can't deny that the atmosphere would not be the same.

I never said I wasn't appreciative but if you go to a play off final what do you expect? I had blisters on my feet and wanted to sit, especially after Hull scored but wanted to keep standing and encouraging the players cause as soon as people start sitting others follow and the atmosphere drops. Imagine if everybody sat? Can't deny that the atmosphere would not be the same.

Fück em then. Shouldn't have gone. Someone without any points could have begged for their ID and gone instead.

Spot on.

WAWAW when they're begging for a ticket...

Fück em then. Shouldn't have gone. Someone without any points could have begged for their ID and gone instead.

I did have points thank you, obviously didn't read my post. I never said they shouldn't have gone either, just don't complain that people want to stand.

Or old. Don't bother coming if your old - apparently. They've worked all their lives but they are old.

Behave. Nobody's saying the oldies shouldn't go, but they will probably remember the days of the terraces and the atmosphere that came with the terraces. They'll no doubt know that people have always stood at football.