Smile Tickets - what's the score ?

PS. Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I went to Hillsborough this morning to get my Fulham tickets and I was back again tonight for the development team game against Huddersfield. 

PPS. I will ask Paul at Hirsty's bar on Wednesday and if he has any replies to your questions I will relay them to you if I'm allowed. 

The 'site traffic' argument might have held weight if it wasn't a thread about a minority group in a particularly quiet section of the site.

How, exactly, are threads about Wednesdayite driving traffic?

Flawed argument and a petty distraction from debating the actual issues and topics.

One by one different Wednesdayite supporters turn up in this section

None of them discuss Wednesdayite

None of them want to discuss Wednesday when invited to

All of them want to talk about Owlstalks traffic

All of them have misguided thoughts on Wednesdayite driving traffic to the site when in fact if you're not an Owlstalk member you can't even see this section

All of them come, refuse to talk about the subject (in this case Smile Tickets) and all end up imploding in their own unreasonableness

lol

It's gone seriously mentalist in here

Owlstalk Shop

Looks to me like there's nowt to discuss.

You and James seem like you've got it all sorted.

Looking forward to the launch of the Hargreaves Owls Supporters Trust Club.

p.s. not to keen on the bullying of Paul, you'll say it's not, but from where I'm sitting it is.

Are you wanting to discuss Wednesdayite ?

Owlstalk Shop

Four years is a long time to be mulling that question over.

Nope the issue about loss of IPS status only came to light a few months ago and a full answer is still awaited. My simple analysis is that within the Wednesdayite Top table were people highly critical of the Club, occasionally used their influence to challenge the club, held the power to call an EGM, were cited as being a negative influence in takeover negotiations and were possibly in line to be involved post some takeovers in the Club itself

Is it then not right to hold them accountable to their own actions even if this is several years down the line

IF Wednesdayite had simply always been about what it does now then i concur dragging on with this is innappropriate. But it wasn't

p.s. not to keen on the bullying of Paul, you'll say it's not, but from where I'm sitting it is.

Another lazy deflective argument.

Who is bullying Paul?

Where has any bullying of Paul happened?

For the record, I genuinely think Paul is a genuinely nice guy and has done a lot over the years for Wednesdayite (much more than anyone else I can think of).

There seems to be a victim-complex-by-proxy here.

We're discussing Wednesdayite. Paul is associated with Wednesdayite and is the figurehead of the organisation currently, and *was* the most active of all the current directors in this section until recently, so probably features more than most in this section, but WE'RE IN THIS WEDNESDAYITE SECTION DISCUSSING WEDNESDAYITE.

As has been said before, its nothing personal. There is no bullying going on. In fact, if an objective onlooker read the section recently, they would likely come to the conclusion that Neil and/or myself have taken more personal attacks and stick than Paul.

Now, can we get to the subject of discussing Wednesdayite?

The Smile question is a particularly valid one seeing as many fans have donated through various means (including Trev's prints) to the cause and yet it seems nothing has been done with it. Indeed, there is a question over whether Wednesday can access some of the funds donated currently after being struck off as an IPS by the Financial Conduct Authority. Perfectly valid question as far as I can make out?!

I, too, am interested to see how SMILE is going as it has been a fantastic part of what Wednesdayite are all about.

However, I'm sure PAHOWL stated only a couple of weeks ago that he would not be responding the questions in this section of Owlstalk.

As such, an email to Wednesdayite might generate a better chance of reply, and then you can share that response in this thread.

I, too, am interested to see how SMILE is going as it has been a fantastic part of what Wednesdayite are all about.

However, I'm sure PAHOWL stated only a couple of weeks ago that he would not be responding the questions in this section of Owlstalk.

As such, an email to Wednesdayite might generate a better chance of reply, and then you can share that response in this thread.

Yeah, he said that. But has posted since. And he and any Wednesdayite directors are still welcome to post and respond (some have posted numerous times across the site since they 'stopped' responding).

And this section/site isn't just for soliciting 'official' responses (although they are certainly welcomed and encouraged in order to obtain actual facts), it is for opening up debate for members/non-members/fans, etc.

Of course, if Wednesdayite are communicating with members effectively then members can answer the questions too, or debate opinions, or speculate.

Imagine if we couldn't discuss anything in the Matchday section because the club didn't respond in there. Maybe we shouldn't have a TV/Films section because none of the film's directors or actors post in there. This would be a pretty boring site if that was the case, wouldn't it?

Thought PAHOWL had said he wouldn't be responding in the Wednesdayite section, not Owlstalk in general. Not seen him post in this section since, but I could be wrong.

I wasn't saying we can't communicate in here, I was saying there would be a better chance of a response and answer by contacting Wednesdayite direct. We talk about all things Wednesday and ask questions in the Matchday section, but I suspect anyone wanting proper answers to Wednesday-related issues would have more success contacting the Club rather than have BigGuns answering with his waffle! lol

It does come across as sh it-stirring though.

Asking genuine questions about genuine concerns is stirring now?

The only stirring being done is seemingly by those derailing the thread and not discussing the actual topic...

Thought PAHOWL had said he wouldn't be responding in the Wednesdayite section, not Owlstalk in general. Not seen him post in this section since, but I could be wrong.

I wasn't saying we can't communicate in here, I was saying there would be a better chance of a response and answer by contacting Wednesdayite direct. We talk about all things Wednesday and ask questions in the Matchday section, but I suspect anyone wanting proper answers to Wednesday-related issues would have more success contacting the Club rather than have BigGuns answering with his waffle! lol

Paul has indeed posted about Wednesdayite since his 'self-exile' and a thread on the subject, started by him, exists in this section. And, again, he (and all Wednesdayite directors) still has the opportunity to. Its up to him(/them) of course, but it doesn't stop the questions being asked and the subjects being debated if he(/they) doesn't post further. Personally, I would argue its a great opportunity to discuss the topics and set the record straight on subjects.

So, again, CAN WE GET TO THE POINT OF DISCUSSING THE ACTUAL SUBJECT?!

Back to topic: 

The Smile question is a particularly valid one seeing as many fans have donated through various means (including Trev's prints) to the cause and yet it seems nothing has been done with it. Indeed, there is a question over whether Wednesday can access some of the funds donated currently after being struck off as an IPS by the Financial Conduct Authority.

So, what is happening with the smile fund and smile tickets?

Well, if you genuinely want an answer to your question, then you'll take the best measures to ensure you get an answer - which is emailing Wednesdayite.

Once you have an answer, then I'm sure debate, conjecture and discussion can commence!

Oh, FFS.

Do you not get what debate, conjecture and discussion means?! It's the whole point of a forum like this. The very fundamental basis of it.

Some definitions, for clarity and to help you out:

Debate: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/debate

Conjecture: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/conjecture

Discussion: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/discussion

Internet forum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Now... How's about discussing the actual topic?! (Or do you not have anything to contribute to the actual topic?) :)

I don't know the answer to your SMILE question, and after the thread being live for 3 days, it would appear no-one does or no-one is willing to answer it.

As a result, I'm offering you advice on the best possible way to answer your question - which was to email Wednesdayite (smile@wednesdayite.com from a 10 second browse of their website) and ask.

Obviously, some form of agenda going down here it would seem, so I'll leave you to it.

Good luck with getting an answer to your question.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

I don't know the answer to your SMILE question, and after the thread being live for 3 days, it would appear no-one does or no-one is willing to answer it.

As a result, I'm offering you advice on the best possible way to answer your question - which was to email Wednesdayite (smile@wednesdayite.com from a 10 second browse of their website) and ask.

Obviously, some form of agenda going down here it would seem, so I'll leave you to it.

Good luck with getting an answer to your question.

Ah so you're the latest troll to come on to derail the subject

Got ya

Thanks for clearing that up

NEXT PLEASE

Owlstalk Shop