Smile Tickets - what's the score ?

Why is one person allowed to have an agenda and attack people on the board but other people aren't allowed to have an agenda and criticise them for doing so. Seems a bit unfair.

Don't get me wrong, I have no idea if the criticism is valid or not, but just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I'm confused

What do you mean ?

Owlstalk Shop

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I mean that you post personal attacks (that may be a little strong but it helps my argument so like most people on the Internet I will use this to my advantage) on Wednesdayite board members in multiple threads and that is okay, but then you criticise others for doing the same to you. This seems unfair to me.

As I have already stated, I have no idea whether the Wednesdayite members deserve criticism or not as I know nothing of the internal politics but surely if you are willing to criticise people on a forum, you can't complain if someone criticises you in return.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I mean that you post personal attacks 

Thanks for the reply mate much appreciated

If that's true then I genuinely apologise

I haven't ever considered any criticism of Wednesdayite as personal in any way whatsoever

Just so I can learn my lesson and not let myself down or be hypocritical can you link me to where I've attacked someone on a personal basis ?

Owlstalk Shop

By the way, having read some of the posts in this thread and others, I feel that you are probably right to criticise. However I do still believe that anyone who is willing to criticise others on a forum (and I include myself in this because I am as bad as anyone) has to accept that others are welcome to criticise them as well without complaining.

By the way, having read some of the posts in this thread and others, I feel that you are probably right to criticise. However I do still believe that anyone who is willing to criticise others on a forum (and I include myself in this because I am as bad as anyone) has to accept that others are welcome to criticise them as well without complaining.

Yeah I get your point mate - I understand

But I'm confused as I don't think I've posted any personal attacks anywhere that's why I'm asking to be shown em so I can learn and avoid letting myself down

Owlstalk Shop

Thanks for the reply mate much appreciated

If that's true then I genuinely apologise

I haven't ever considered any criticism of Wednesdayite as personal in any way whatsoever

Just so I can learn my lesson and not let myself down or be hypocritical can you link me to where I've attacked someone on a personal basis ?

Isn't this thread and the one entitled something like "which director is not pulling his weight" directly aimed at the guy who is in charge of smile tickets?

If I have misread the situation then it would be my job to apologise. But this is how I have genuinely read these threads. Like any situation, inferring motives is down to personal interpretations so there is every chance I have got it wrong and if I have done then I am sorry but I would be interested to know if anyone else took it the same way.

Isn't this thread and the one entitled something like "which director is not pulling his weight" directly aimed at the guy who is in charge of smile tickets?

That wouldn't be a personal attack though surely

That's questioning the running of the organisation and challenging those responsible to see if they're doing their job or not

e.g. If you ask 'Why aren't we winning games?' you can't suggest that's a personal attack on Stuart Gray ?

If I said 'the director who runs smile tickets is a right coont' then THAT is a personal attack

If I say 'how many Smile tickets have Wednesdayite distributed this season' then that's asking a question on the running of the Smile initiative, and may challenge the director's output and performance but at no point is it a personal attack on anyone?

Owlstalk Shop

If my wording is inappropriate then I am sorry. I'll be honest, if someone called for me to leave my job then I wotkd take that pretty personally but it is shaky ground if they have a valid point.

If you would like, I can edit my post and change it to "openly criticise" if that would suit you better.

I do feel my point is valid though regarding giving and accepting criticism

If my wording is inappropriate then I am sorry. I'll be honest, if someone called for me to leave my job then I wotkd take that pretty personally but it is shaky ground if they have a valid point.

If you would like, I can edit my post and change it to "openly criticise" if that would suit you better.

I do feel my point is valid though regarding giving and accepting criticism

Nah it's ok I'm fine with any wording so long as you understand the implication isn't correct

There's a huge difference between questioning an organisation and it's directors output and purely personal attacks

If someone called for you to leave your job citing reasons why your underperformance would merit such a request then that's surely fine

If someone just said 'flip off out of your job you nobhead' then that's obviously a personal attack

I can accept criticism of the way I run Owlstalk, but won't accept any personal abuse or attacks in the same way I'll always defend anyone on here from personal attacks and try to make sure they don't happen - even if I have no real time for them.

Owlstalk Shop

Nah it's ok I'm fine with any wording so long as you understand the implication isn't correct

There's a huge difference between questioning an organisation and it's directors output and purely personal attacks

If someone called for you to leave your job citing reasons why your underperformance would merit such a request then that's surely fine

If someone just said 'flip off out of your job you nobhead' then that's obviously a personal attack

I can accept criticism of the way I run Owlstalk, but won't accept any personal abuse or attacks in the same way I'll always defend anyone on here from personal attacks and try to make sure they don't happen - even if I have no real time for them.

I see your point regarding the differences between what you said and a personal attack. You have convinced me on that. I withdraw my wording of my post. Have a good day.

Guest Deleted member

I'll always defend anyone on here from personal attacks and try to make sure they don't happen - even if I have no real time for them.

Except that's not true.

I stopped posting on here nearly 2 weeks when I came into the site and found that I was being attacked by a number of posters, and accused of being responsible for posts they had made being removed.

Those attacks were completely untrue, and I clarified that. Only for my own post to be removed, but the posts wrongly accusing me being allowed to stay for another few hours before they too were deleted.

The usual 3 suspects who have ruined this site were all represented in that thread, and continue to abuse users personally, I've read several posts from the realist today which don't fit with your criteria.

I wish you well in your continued clean up if the site. In truth you only need remove 3 and the site will continue to self moderate, as it has done since its inception.

I'm sure you will object, or probably re delete this, as is your prerogative.

I won't be replying either way.

Except that's not true.

I stopped posting on here nearly 2 weeks when I came into the site and found that I was being attacked by a number of posters, and accused of being responsible for posts they had made being removed.

Those attacks were completely untrue, and I clarified that. Only for my own post to be removed, but the posts wrongly accusing me being allowed to stay for another few hours before they too were deleted.

The usual 3 suspects who have ruined this site were all represented in that thread, and continue to abuse users personally, I've read several posts from the realist today which don't fit with your criteria.

I wish you well in your continued clean up if the site. In truth you only need remove 3 and the site will continue to self moderate, as it has done since its inception.

I'm sure you will object, or probably re delete this, as is your prerogative.

I won't be replying either way.

post-11264-0-57783300-1418498925.jpg