Royston a Bad Egg ?

It's not just this player, it seems to be every player we sign, or are rumoured to be signing. Can somebody please explain why without exception, every player we sign is slagged off or ridiculed by people on this forum, before they've even pulled on a Wednesday shirt? We even had some clown claim, when Kelhar was injured pre-season "that' what you get when you take foreign trialists on".

Do fans of other clubs go off like this, or is it just Wednesday fans who wont give players a chance?

Irritating isn't it........but I'm afraid it seems part of the "local" psyche and not just confined to football either. Moan and whinge about everything, constantly look for the negative in everything, slag off all concerned and usually present a miserable/aggressive face whilst doing it. Maybe it's connected to the old "chip on the shoulder" or North/South thing, or maybe just inverted snobbery but having lived away from the area for the last 40 odd years it is glaringly obvious every time I visit.

I've taken a number of people back to Sheffield (mainly Hillsborough) over the years and most have commented on this.

I was sure I read a piece about Drenthe before and I finally found it, from Jan 2011. This few months should be fun at least!

www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/jan/04/spanish-league-sid-lowe

He responded to the question "how often do you have sex?" with the inspired line "with my wife, you mean?"

I suspect this will give him hero status with some already!