Who will get the role

If we go with our preferred system for away games, it will be Nuhiu up front alone, but who will be the three attacking midfielders? It will probably be Lee and Hutch/Semedo sitting deep, but who will fill the third attacking midfield role with Antonio and Lavery out of the reckoning?

Guest wilyfox

I suspect 433/451 with Maghoma and Maguire either side of Nuhiu, and Lee, Coke & Hutch or Semedo as a midfield 3.

I think SG likes Lee with the whole game ahead of him Sitting deeper and able to spray the ball around and picking his moment to move forward. I've seen him look lost a few times when he's played too far forward

I suspect 433/451 with Maghoma and Maguire either side of Nuhiu, and Lee, Coke & Hutch or Semedo as a midfield 3.

Probably this, but we probably don't need that much protection against Brighton. Would be an ideal role for Marshall I suppose

Guest silvergusy

I agree with this but what worries me is the severe lack of anything on the bench to change it up if it's not working.

Guest wilyfox

I agree with this but what worries me is the severe lack of anything on the bench to change it up if it's not working.

Yep, and that's why the loss of Antonio and injury to Lavery & Helan hits us hard. We've been hit at a time when we're already under strength.