Gervais Martel

I didn't say that. We are basically at the mercy of the FL - it sounds dramatic, but they really could decide our season.

On numerous occasions now we've heard statements like 'the ratification process is a long one', and figures have even indicated that it could take up to three months.

Therefore, yes, you're probably right - the FL will want it off their agenda. But that doesn't necessarily mean they will rush to do it and do a botch job. 

As to your final point - I don't see how the delay isn't down to the FL? That's where the hold up is - the ratification of our takeover. I'm guessing you mean it's on our end in the fact we haven't supplied the relevant facts and figures yet, right?

This comment is absolute tosh.

90% of the speed of the takeover will be driven by the time it takes for the Info to be supplied to the FL

How hard is this for you to understand?

Guest JonTheOwl66

This comment is absolute tosh.

90% of the speed of the takeover will be driven by the time it takes for the Info to be supplied to the FL

How hard is this for you to understand?

I perfectly understand your point. Doesn't mean I agree with it. 

Like I've brought up multiple times now, Mammadov will only start providing funds once the takeover is ratified.

Who ratifies it? The FL. Therefore we are at the mercy of the FL because they decide whether our takeover gets confirmed or not.

Another point I'd like to raise - a point which I've brought up before but you conveniently ignored it - is that the ratification process has sometimes taken up to three months to complete. If it was as simple as providing accurate and up-to-date financial information, then why would it take that period of time?

You make it sound as if it's a piece of cake.

Like I've brought up multiple times now, Mammadov will only start providing funds once the takeover is ratified.

Who ratifies it? The FL. Therefore we are at the mercy of the FL because they decide whether our takeover gets confirmed or not.

Another point I'd like to raise - a point which I've brought up before but you conveniently ignored it - is that the ratification process has sometimes taken up to three months to complete. If it was as simple as providing accurate and up-to-date financial information, then why would it take that period of time?

I think the word you're searching for is ratified. lol

Guest JonTheOwl66

Maybe the FL keep asking for more information to be supplied?

Perhaps. I'm not going to speculate as I've little to no knowledge about this topic area. The amusing thing is, many of these people criticising Mammadov are not multi-millionaires (perhaps even billionaires?) - yet they make it sound so simple.

Who ratifies it? The FL. Therefore we are at the mercy of the FL because they decide whether our takeover gets confirmed or not.

Banging head brick wall:

If I have ignore your point, it's because its errrr pointless. The time scale of previous & future ratifications will primerliy be driven by how quickly, the info require, is sent to them.

It's unlikely that an FL employee taking repeated sickies after nights on the ale will be behind the delay.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Banging head brick wall:

If I have ignore your point, it's because its errrr pointless. The time scale of previous & future ratifications will primerliy be driven by how quickly, the info require, is sent to them.

It's unlikely that an FL employee taking repeated sickies after nights on the ale will be behind the delay.

I can't be bothered to argue about something when you won't even consider an alternative perspective.

As I said, the ratification process has been known to take up to 3 months. If it was as simple as you say, as sending a few documents, then why would it take that period of time? 

3 months is a long time - especially in football. You'd think for a process as simple as you make out, plus - considering the fact that Mandaric has already done fairly rigorous background checks - it would have been sorted within a week. 

This may seem a stupid question.. But is there a specific area in the FL set-up that deals specifically with takeovers, for example?

If not, surely they will have other priorities too?

I was assuming they would have people specifically to look into things like this, accountants or the like, who would either form a separate panel or recommend a course of action to the FL management who then rubber stamp it.

If it is one committee for everything, that might cause some delays- especially if everyone has been at the World Cup.

Jon: I owe you an apology, you are right

I’ve rang the FL takeover ratification office up and asked for an update:

They’ve told me that the process has been delayed because an apprentice  has accidently knocked the Mammadov file behind the photocopier. This has just been found by a vigilant cleaner and the ratification will be completed this afternoon. The apprentice has had his contract terminated with imediate affect.

I know someone who knows someone, that was chatting to Gray last night in Slovenia. He said that MM told Gray to work with his budget, then HM's men came to Gray and said ignore that budget, work to ours. But MM has put his foot down and said Gray must work to his until he says otherwise. Sounded like Gray was fed up with the whole situation, understandably so.

Sheffield Wednesday - getting pre season wrong since 1867.

:duntmatter:

Guest JonTheOwl66

They’ve told me that the process has been delayed because an apprentice  has accidently knocked the Mammadov file behind the photocopier. This has just been found by a vigilant cleaner and the ratification will be completed this afternoon. The apprentice has had his contract terminated with imediate affect.

Why are you making things up? I've not once suggested that the delay is due to the FL being incompetent. 

I know someone who knows someone, that was chatting to Gray last night in Slovenia. He said that MM told Gray to work with his budget, then HM's men came to Gray and said ignore that budget, work to ours. But MM has put his foot down and said Gray must work to his until he says otherwise. Sounded like Gray was fed up with the whole situation, understandably so.

And Gray thought it best to tell random fans this. Hmm.

so what you're saying is gray doesn't know whether he's signing Messi or Heskey?

alansugarpic.jpg

Maybe the FL keep asking for more information to be supplied?

And so they should to ensure they get all the information they need to make a correct decision...

Let's not forget this is a process set up to protect clubs from being taken over by the "wrong types"..

I'm not saying HM is a wrong en but IF he is being slow at producing evidence that will surely only make the FL board more suspicious and therefore ask more questions of him..

Just passing it on mate, no reason to believe it isn't true to be honest but see your point.

Either your mate is telling porkies or the club has no idea what they can and can't spend.

So hope your mate is lying his arse off....

I can't be bothered to argue about something when you won't even consider an alternative perspective.

As I said, the ratification process has been known to take up to 3 months. If it was as simple as you say, as sending a few documents, then why would it take that period of time?

3 months is a long time - especially in football. You'd think for a process as simple as you make out, plus - considering the fact that Mandaric has already done fairly rigorous background checks - it would have been sorted within a week.

You ever tried booking a hospital appointment through the NHS, it can take weeks or months yet you could get in if you went private in days....

It's called beurocracy ! and the FL are full of it...

To Be FAIR Gray has been given a budget, Milan's Budget and that is what he is working to.  He can't spend any more due to the verification - look at Bramall's quote at Donny post the failed takeover. So the club does know what it has to spend.