Liam Palmer

Guest Sheff Owl

He needs time to get used to playing central midfield in the championship, just like he needed time to get used to playing RB this season. I'm sure I remember threads at the start of the season saying he wasn't cut out for it, and he proved everyone wrong...

Better he's tried out in midfield now, when we're safe, than at the start of next season surely?

Was massively impressed with him at right back when Buxton was out.

However I'm unconvinced by him as a central midfielder. I feel his positioning is poor most of the time, he neither attacks or defends with any conviction. Him as a partner to Lee doesn't work for me, I feel together they are too lightweight.

Having said all of the above, Palmer has the attributes to be a good player, be it right back or in the middle & he probably just needs a little coaching.

I can't believe the knocks some people are giving LP on here. One of the best products developed by the club in years and he is still getting stick. The fact he has featured so much this season is testimony to the quality he has-give him time and he will be even better.

agreed!!

And don't bother telling me I'm wrong, because I'm not. I have read quite a few literary interpretations on the topic, which sadly I cannot find excerpts for on the internet.

Don't worry about internet links, I've got full access to JSTOR at this computer so title or failing that author and year of publishing will do. I'll then upload them to a file sharing site so people can have a look for themselves.