Was Whelan better than Lee?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Whelan is and was better than Lee. It's not impossible for Lee to reach those levels though, watch this space.

This.

Whelan was better for us than Lee currently is.

Whelan had that knack of scoring out of nowhere in games we had no right to get anything from, so it would be nice to see Kieran getting amongst the goals too.

Indeed, I think that's THE one and only thing missing from his game ATM

But I think he's more composed and savvy than Whelen ever was or will be

Needs to add a few goals tbf

Whelan got 6/7 goals in 06/07

I think with Lee the instructions are pretty clear, get the ball, use it to create a chance

Don't think I've ever seen him hit one from range? And definitely not the type of player to dart into the box

I think personally goals is an attribute we'll never see from Lee, which is fine I think he offers enough to the team without

Be great to bring in an attacking, forward thinking midfielder to play at the side of him though

I think with Lee the instructions are pretty clear, get the ball, use it to create a chance

Don't think I've ever seen him hit one from range? And definitely not the type of player to dart into the box

I think personally goals is an attribute we'll never see from Lee, which is fine I think he offers enough to the team without

Be great to bring in an attacking, forward thinking midfielder to play at the side of him though

is that what mcphail and mccabe are supposed to be?

Whelan was and still is a different kind of player to KL. Whelan's far more of a midfield enforcer, capable of leaving a mark on the opposition. To be fair to Whelan he had an eye for goal and he was a real 100% player for Wednesday.

For me a better comparison in style of play for KL would be John Sheridan. Not saying KL is as good by the way, just that they are similar types of player.

Guest james.taylor1982

Whelan was quality and had a screaming Finnish, that day at Leicester, Whelan, Brunt and Tudgay all scored screamers